Portable vs Windows Store

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
Sirillion

Portable vs Windows Store

Post by Sirillion »

Greetings,

Until recently I have been using the 4.7.9 portable version of the application and I have now invested in the Windows Store version. I am very pleased with FileBot but I've hit a bit of a snag when it comes to using the Windows Store version of it.

When I rename files through the 4.7.9 portable version the renaming (moving of files) happen instantly whereas when I try the same with the Windows Store version with the same format strings it starts what seems to be a file copy instead of a file move upon clicking rename.

Needless to say this takes a lot more time and I would really like to know what to do to make it move the files instantly like the portable version does.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Portable vs Windows Store

Post by rednoah »

I cannot reproduce this issue. It works for me. As long as files are moved on the same filesystem, it should be instant.

Please provide a screenshot and explain in detail (input paths, output paths, format, etc) what you're trying to do. There's a few things we can try to narrow down the issue.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Sirillion

Post by Sirillion »

Hi, and thanks for getting back to me.

I figured it out on your mention of filesystem.

This is an example of the string I've been using now for many years:

Code: Select all

\\networkpath/drivename 1/Complete/Series/{n.replaceAll(/:/, " -")}/Season {s}/{n.replaceAll(/:/, " -")} - {s00e00} - {t.replaceAll(/:/, " -")} - {hd}{vf}{".$lang"}
As if turns out it was the network part of it that was causing the issue as when I changed it to:

Code: Select all

driveletter:/Complete/Series/{n.replaceAll(/:/, " -")}/Season {s}/{n.replaceAll(/:/, " -")} - {s00e00} - {t.replaceAll(/:/, " -")} - {hd}{vf}{".$lang"}
Where I mapped the drive and put in the drive letter in the string it worked as before.

The weird thing is that it worked ok with the network string on the portable 4.7.9 version but not on the installed Windows Store one.

But as I now got it working I will be running with the Windows Store version full time, thanks.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

It's especially strange since the destination format somehow affects the source file being deleted or not? :D

No worries. Network shares are finicky. Probably some odd permission issue.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.