Issues with rare TV shows

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
znerken

Issues with rare TV shows

Post by znerken »

I can't seem to get Filebot AMC script to organize files with . as space in filename.

TV.Show.Named.Something will not get sorted. I even added the TV show to thetvdb to make sure that wasn't the reason(https://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=345859&lid=9)

Can we add this as a feature? One of the trackers I use has this as a naming standard.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Files with . as space

Post by rednoah »

. instead of space is extremely common so it should work.

:?: What makes you think that . instead of space is the problem?

:arrow: Can you provide filenames or screenshots or logs?
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
znerken

Post by znerken »

rednoah wrote: 10 Apr 2018, 17:22 Can you provide filenames or screenshots or logs?

Sorry. Filename example:

Code: Select all

Ja.Vi.Elsker.Camping.S02E02

Input: D:\UNSORTED\Ja.Vi.Elsker.Camping.S03E05.NORWEGiAN.720p.WEB-DL.h264-PirateTV.mkv
Group: [tvs:ja vi elsker camping] => [Ja.Vi.Elsker.Camping.S03E05.NORWEGiAN.720p.WEB-DL.h264-PirateTV.mkv]
Rename episodes using [TheTVDB]
Auto-detected query: [ja vi elsker camping]
Resource not found: https://api.thetvdb.com/search/series?name=ja+vi+elsker+camping
Failed to fetch episode data: [ja vi elsker camping]
CmdlineException: Failed to match files to episode data
Processing 1 unsorted files
[COPY] from [D:\UNSORTED\Ja.Vi.Elsker.Camping.S03E05.NORWEGiAN.720p.WEB-DL.h264-PirateTV.mkv] to [D:\SORTED\Unsorted\Ja.Vi.Elsker.Camping.S03E05.NORWEGiAN.720p.WEB-DL.h264-PirateTV.mkv]
Processed 1 files

another example:

Input: D:\SORTED\TV Shows\Huskestue\Season 4\Huskestue.S04E05.NORWEGiAN.720p.HDTV.x264-ALTiTV.mkv
Group: [tvs:huskestue] => [Huskestue.S04E05.NORWEGiAN.720p.HDTV.x264-ALTiTV.mkv]
Rename episodes using [TheTVDB]
Auto-detected query: [huskestue]
Failed to fetch episode data: [huskestue]
CmdlineException: Failed to match files to episode data
Processing 1 unsorted files
[COPY] from [D:\SORTED\TV Shows\Huskestue\Season 4\Huskestue.S04E05.NORWEGiAN.720p.HDTV.x264-ALTiTV.mkv] to [D:\SORTED\Unsorted\Huskestue\Season 4\Huskestue.S04E05.NORWEGiAN.720p.HDTV.x264-ALTiTV.mkv]
Processed 1 files
Basically all tv shows downloaded from that tracker gets unsorted.

When I see the log again, I see that it seems to get the name, but still it gets unsorted, as you see.
Last edited by znerken on 10 Apr 2018, 17:27, edited 1 time in total.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Log says that it just didn't find a match on TheTVDB. Can you provide a TheTVDB link for that TV series? (. or space will not make a difference here)

Using --lang NOR might make a difference though, for NOR shows that don't have official English titles and thus don't yield results for English language queries.
znerken

Post by znerken »

rednoah wrote: 10 Apr 2018, 17:27 Log says that it just didn't find a match on TheTVDB. Can you provide a TheTVDB link for that TV series?
https://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=345859&lid=9

By the way, Plex finds them all, so perhaps we could add more providers/api's?
znerken

Post by znerken »

rednoah wrote: 10 Apr 2018, 17:27 Log says that it just didn't find a match on TheTVDB. Can you provide a TheTVDB link for that TV series? (. or space will not make a difference here)

Using --lang NOR might make a difference though, for NOR shows that don't have official English titles and thus don't yield results for English language queries.

How can you add language nor when you use the same amc python script for all torrents?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

The log says that series lookup fails, but even if that worked, you'd still end up with no match because there is no episode data at all for this show:
https://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=seasonall&id=345859&lid=9

If you process esoteric TV shows that almost nobody else watches, then there's a good chance that data is missing, and that FileBot will resort to Unsorted / Unsortable behaviour.
znerken

Post by znerken »

rednoah wrote: 10 Apr 2018, 17:32 The log says that series lookup fails, but even if that worked, you'd still end up with no match because there is no episode data at all for this show:
https://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=seasonall&id=345859&lid=9

If you process esoteric TV shows that almost nobody else watches, then there's a good chance that data is missing, and that FileBot will resort to Unsorted / Unsortable behaviour.

These TVShows are probably top 10 in Nor right now. Plex have no trouble with them.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Issues with rare TV shows

Post by rednoah »

That may be. But not a single person has bothered to update TheTVDB so far. This is your job now. ;)

:idea: Plex uses TheTVDB. If TheTVDB doesn't have episode information, how is Plex supposed to know anything?

:arrow: FileBot will work once TheTVDB is up to date with the latest information.
znerken

Post by znerken »

rednoah wrote: 10 Apr 2018, 17:36 That may be. But not a single person has bothered to update TheTVDB so far. This is your job now. ;)

:arrow: FileBot will work once TheTVDB is up to date with the latest information.
Nice. With english or norwegian as language?

Also, is episode and season data needed for it to work?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Preferably both. English tends to be the default. Not that updates in TheTVDB will not be reflected in the API / FileBot immediately. You might have to wait a few days.
znerken

Post by znerken »

rednoah wrote: 10 Apr 2018, 17:38 Preferably both. English tends to be the default. Not that updates in TheTVDB will not be reflected in the API / FileBot immediately. You might have to wait a few days.
is episode and season data needed for it to work?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Yes, it should look something like this:
https://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=seasonall&id=75930&lid=7
kim
Power User

Post by kim »

When you update the show:
https://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=345859&lid=9

btw: No episodes = FAIL

you can get the info from here:
https://www.dplay.no/programmer/ja-vi-elsker-camping
ChefGregS

Post by ChefGregS »

Just so others may know....file names with . instead of spaces work just fine in Filebot. I would say at least 95% of the files I rename use . between words. I don't understand this...drives me nuts, but for some odd reason (maybe it's a unix thing...) many people think it's the way to name files..

Scooby.Doo.And.The.Goblin.King.2008.REPACK.DVDRip.[Movie-Torrentz].avi

This renames just fine.

As does this:

Scooby.Doo.Where.Are.You.S01E02.A.Clue.for.Scooby.Doo.mp4

---

I have noticed in quite a few cases some movies and tv shows will NOT pull any information. It almost always has to do with the name sent to themoviedb or thetvdb. Doesn't care about the .'s however, you can always remove them before using Filebot to get the format you desire. I find that most movies/tv shows require at least a year. Some tv shows require (for some reason) a season and episode number to pull the right info. I spent 2 hours trying to get ONE show to pull the right episode info. I finally renamed it by hand in my format defined in Filebot...and it STILL would not pull the correct info. Never did find out why, but it was ONE episode. In the 13,000+ tv episodes I have on my server this has probably been the case with maybe 10 or 20...ever. It's not a Filebot issue. Of that I am sure.

Also, having redone entire tv series on thetvdb myself I will affirm that in MOST cases you will have to wait 2-3 days before the database updates so that the information is sent out to clients. Even though you see the updated info there the server only updates every few days. The longest I ever waited for an edit to actually work on Filebot was 5 days. The shortest was 2 days.

Greg
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

While FileBot just works in most cases, it has extensive support for manually / semi-manually matching files:
https://youtu.be/btNSv7AnMMw

The Episodes panel is particularly useful so you can manually search for TV Shows to make sure they can be found and to check the available episode data to make sure the corresponding entry exists in the database in the first place.

Calling -clear-cache can speed things up when updating data manually, but only as far as client-side caching is concerned:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1996