[BUG] Wrong renaming when movie is "Back to the future Part III"- It always rename

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
kodiuser

[BUG] Wrong renaming when movie is "Back to the future Part III"- It always rename

Post by kodiuser »

I'm using Linux version 4.7.14. When I'm renaming the Part III of the movie, it's renaming incorrectly to Part II.

Code: Select all

[TEST] from [/mnt/hd/Back to the Future Part III (1990)/Back to the Future Part III (1990).mkv] to [/mnt/hd/Back to the Future Part III (1990)/Back to the Future Part II (1989).mkv]
rednoah
The Source

Re: [BUG] Wrong renaming when movie is "Back to the future Part III"- It always rename

Post by rednoah »

Looks like auto-detection is working fine here as far as I can tell:

$ filebot -rename *.mkv --db TheMovieDB --action TEST
Rename movies using [TheMovieDB]
Auto-detect movie from context: [Back to the Future Part III (1990).mkv]
Skipped [Back to the Future Part III (1990).mkv] because [Back to the Future Part III (1990).mkv] already exists
Processed 0 files
I've tried with the latest Linux release FileBot 4.7.9 and the latest Windows release FileBot 4.8.1 and it works for all of my test cases.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
kodiuser

Re: [BUG] Wrong renaming when movie is "Back to the future Part III"- It always rename

Post by kodiuser »

$ filebot -version
FileBot 4.7.14 (r5241) / Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 1.8.0_65 / Linux 4.9.62-v7+ (arm)

$ filebot -rename *.mkv --db TheMovieDB --action TEST
Rename movies using [TheMovieDB]
[TEST] from [/mnt/hd/Movies/Back to the Future Part III (1990)/Back to the Future Part III (1990).mkv] to [/mnt/hd/Movies/Back to the Future Part III (1990)/Back to the Future Part II (1989).mkv]
Processed 1 files
Is there anyway I can try to debug this further?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Unfortunately, no. Debugging these kinds of issues is extremely time consuming, and I won't even get started if I can't clearly reproduce the issue with the latest release build.

Depending on your usage, you could use the --filter option to force FileBot to pick the correct match:

--filter "y == 1990"
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
kim
Power User

Post by kim »

FYI
if you have other folders/files or nfo files with e.g imdb id it can affect the output