SMB file drag'n'drop broken in current version for Linux.

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
Andre-K
Donor

SMB file drag'n'drop broken in current version for Linux.

Post by Andre-K »

Just instaled upgrade.
nothing happens ehen I drag'n'drop a file from a network resource in Linux version.
- locat file drop works fine.
rednoah
The Source

Re: SMB file drag'n'drop broken in current version for Linux

Post by rednoah »

That feature for some reason completely breaks filebot / java network connections if gnome is not fully installed and some libs are missing, e.g. Kubuntu, Lubuntu, etc

You have to manually edit the config and add set useGVFS=true or just buy FileBot from the Ubuntu Software Center where I enable this by default.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Andre-K
Donor

Post by Andre-K »

I alredy donated, and would gladly purchase it again to support you. but I am unable to find "filebot" in ubuntu software center. (running 13.04 beta)
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

If you add -DuseGVFS=true in filebot.sh it should work.

EDIT:

Here's the startup config for the Ubuntu package that enables all these features:
http://sourceforge.net/p/filebot/code/H ... filebot.sh

On a standard Ubuntu/Unity it should work fine, exactly as if you bought it from the Software Center. You'll probably prefer this way because the Software Center version is always behind a month or so because of the app review process.
Andre-K
Donor

Post by Andre-K »

Thank you, that worked fine, - maybe the filebot.sh could detect disribution, and choose the correct setting ?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I wouldn't even know what the correct system requirements would be. :D

I just know it works on Ubuntu, probably because Gnome is installed and GTK LaF is loaded in Java, and that somehow makes libgio work.

Better this way. Must definitely work be default. Setting other options in filebot.sh people can do by themselves if it works for them.
Andre-K
Donor

Post by Andre-K »

Every update makes it stop working (setting to false), please update the filebot shellfile like this;

Code: Select all

#!/bin/bash
GVFS=false
if grep -q "Ubuntu" /proc/version 
then GVFS=true
fi
java -Dunixfs=false -DuseGVFS=$GVFS -DuseExtendedFileAttributes=true -DuseCreationDate=false -Djava.net.useSystemProxies=false -Dsun.net.client.defaultConnectTimeout=10000 -Dsun.net.client.defaultReadTimeout=60000 -Djna.nosys=true -Dapplication.deployment=deb -Dapplication.analytics=true -Dapplication.dir=$HOME/.filebot -Djava.io.tmpdir=$HOME/.filebot/temp -Djna.library.path=/usr/share/filebot -Djava.library.path=/usr/share/filebot -Dnet.filebot.AcoustID.fpcalc=/usr/share/filebot/fpcalc -jar /usr/share/filebot/FileBot.jar "$@"
If string "Ubuntu" is found, then we know for sure GVFS should be on.