Checking against a seperate file for IMDB id.

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
bonelifer
Power User

Checking against a seperate file for IMDB id.

Post by bonelifer »

Could you add a check for a tvshow.txt that if it exist would contain the IMDB id for the TVSHOW. I'm not sure how it would impact XBMC if I changed the current TheTVDB id already contained in the tvshow.nfo to the IMDBID one. Doesn't need to totally replace checking, just check for the existence of tvshow.txt first and use it if it exist and has content.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Checking against a seperate file for IMDB id.

Post by rednoah »

You can modify media.types and add txt as nfo extension. Then it'll check txt files for imdb patterns as well.

You could just add an extra field to the existing nfo, filebot will pick up anything that looks like imdb id regardless of xml structure.

Like add xml comments anywhere:

Code: Select all

<!-- http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0499549/ -->
FileBot doesn't care about XML and will pick it up. Not sure what XBMC would do. If it's just looking at the XML I'll completely ignore XML comments.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
bonelifer
Power User

Re: Checking against a seperate file for IMDB id.

Post by bonelifer »

Tried the comment and that worked. But I use Ember Media Manager and it will delete the comment anytime the tvshow.nfo gets edited in Ember. Tried adding txt, but it never gets to it since it sees the TheTVDB id in the NFO file first and goes with that. Seeing that URL was already defined as an NFO type, I tried tvshows.url with the imbdb URL and that worked. Thanks. Now it's time for me to scour the SHOWS files created for each show and find the ones not getting the right info and create a URL file for each. Definitely one of the best TV/Movie renamers I've found. With some of the others the author ignored you or dismissed any ideas that weren't their own. Definitely has helped me conquer this media collection I'm amassing from my mythtv system.