GPG file in the HEAD repository
Re: GPG file in the HEAD repository
I followed the initial approach using XZ Utils and GnuGP combined with a batch holding the provided commands from above. That works fine
If I got you right you work in a portable enviroment like me. XZ as a binary is portable as well as GnuGP. After installing GnuGP once you can copy the app folder to a location of your choice and uninstall GnuGP. This is a common practice for many portable apps not following the PortableApps.com standard approach.
If I got you right you work in a portable enviroment like me. XZ as a binary is portable as well as GnuGP. After installing GnuGP once you can copy the app folder to a location of your choice and uninstall GnuGP. This is a common practice for many portable apps not following the PortableApps.com standard approach.
Re: GPG file in the HEAD repository
I had actually installed GPG4Win a few years ago and that apparently also installed GnuGP. I ran the commandSheldon wrote:I followed the initial approach using XZ Utils and GnuGP combined with a batch holding the provided commands from above. That works fine
If I got you right you work in a portable enviroment like me. XZ as a binary is portable as well as GnuGP. After installing GnuGP once you can copy the app folder to a location of your choice and uninstall GnuGP. This is a common practice for many portable apps not following the PortableApps.com standard approach.
Code: Select all
gpg --trusted-key 4E402EBF7C3C6A71 --output FileBot.jar.xz --decrypt FileBot.jar.xz.gpgBTW, how can I find out the version number of the filebot.jar ?
Re: GPG file in the HEAD repository
Instead of installing GPG4win I use this.
To find out the JAR version you can use the corresponding CLI command.
But I would recommend to get the sysinfo using the sysinfo script with the CLI.
To find out the JAR version you can use the corresponding CLI command.
Code: Select all
filebot -version
Code: Select all
filebot -script "sysinfo"
Re: GPG file in the HEAD repository
Hello, Viking ... Try using 7zip to extract the file. I got some errors, but in the end I could replace the .jar file, and Filebot seemes to be working fine.
Re: GPG file in the HEAD repository
I was wondering if there is some way to tell the version in the jar file itself?Sheldon wrote:Instead of installing GPG4win I use this.
To find out the JAR version you can use the corresponding CLI command.
But I would recommend to get the sysinfo using the sysinfo script with the CLI.Code: Select all
filebot -versionCode: Select all
filebot -script "sysinfo"
If I have several jar files I may not want to copy them one-by-one to the FileBot directory and run the script just to find the version..
Re: GPG file in the HEAD repository
As explained above, I am using WinRAR to extract; that works fine. The issue was GPG, but as I also explained above, that has also been taken care of.Leokosta wrote:Hello, Viking ... Try using 7zip to extract the file. I got some errors, but in the end I could replace the .jar file, and Filebot seemes to be working fine.
Re: GPG file in the HEAD repository
You can get the revision for each jar like this:
Code: Select all
java -jar /path/to/FileBot.jar -versionRe: GPG file in the HEAD repository
That worked. Thanks!rednoah wrote:You can get the revision for each jar like this:Code: Select all
java -jar /path/to/FileBot.jar -version
Re: GPG file in the HEAD repository
Hi,
there seems to be a problem with the latest gpg file.
The xz decompression throws an "Unexpected end of input" exception.
Please have a look!
Kind regards,
Sheldon
there seems to be a problem with the latest gpg file.
The xz decompression throws an "Unexpected end of input" exception.
Please have a look!
Kind regards,
Sheldon
Re: GPG file in the HEAD repository
Now it works fine! Thanks!
Re: GPG file in the HEAD repository
Hi,
calling https://sourceforge.net/projects/filebo ... ebot/HEAD/
throws a 404 exception.
Please have a look!
Kind regards,
Sheldon
calling https://sourceforge.net/projects/filebo ... ebot/HEAD/
throws a 404 exception.
Please have a look!
Kind regards,
Sheldon
Re: GPG file in the HEAD repository
https://get.filebot.net/filebot/latest/
Will it remain there?
Will it remain there?
Re: GPG file in the HEAD repository
Yes. This is my own server so it won't depend on SF or be affected by SF issues. The update-filebot.sh has been updated accordingly.
Re: GPG file in the HEAD repository
https://get.filebot.net/filebot/latest/
FileBot.jar.xz.gpg 24-Jun-2017 23:29 18M
Is the version FileBot 4.7.10 (r5140) still correct?
FileBot.jar.xz.gpg 24-Jun-2017 23:29 18M
Is the version FileBot 4.7.10 (r5140) still correct?
Re: GPG file in the HEAD repository
Due to CloudFlare caching, you may be seeing cached content. Just use the update-filebot.sh script once in a while and you'll be fine. You'll get the latest and greatest eventually.
Re: GPG file in the HEAD repository
Now it's FileBot 4.7.11 (r5154). Thanks!
Re: GPG file in the HEAD repository
If I download
FileBot.jar.xz.gpg 02-Aug-2017 23:40 18M
I still receive r5179. it seems to be the cache problem again.
Can this be somehow be avoided in the future?
FileBot.jar.xz.gpg 02-Aug-2017 23:40 18M
I still receive r5179. it seems to be the cache problem again.
Can this be somehow be avoided in the future?
Re: GPG file in the HEAD repository
Unfortunately, the index page and the actual files may be cached differently.
I'd just call the update-filebot script once a week and not check the index page manually.
I'd just call the update-filebot script once a week and not check the index page manually.
Re: GPG file in the HEAD repository
The check for a new file is automized.
I receive a news in my rss feed if the file was updated.
I fetch it as a Java InputStream from
https://get.filebot.net/filebot/latest/ ... jar.xz.gpg
but I always get r5179.
It's the same for the manual download. Really annoying!
I receive a news in my rss feed if the file was updated.
I fetch it as a Java InputStream from
https://get.filebot.net/filebot/latest/ ... jar.xz.gpg
but I always get r5179.
It's the same for the manual download. Really annoying!
Re: GPG file in the HEAD repository
Caching is set to a week, but I also seem to be getting stale content:
I'll clear the cache manually for now. This might just a a small CloudFlare bug.
Code: Select all
$ curl -I https://get.filebot.net/filebot/latest/FileBot.jar.xz.gpg
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2017 15:43:01 GMT
...
Last-Modified: Mon, 24 Jul 2017 15:38:52 GMT
ETag: "11bf21b-5551203104e40"
CF-Cache-Status: HIT
Expires: Tue, 08 Aug 2017 15:43:01 GMT
...Re: GPG file in the HEAD repository
Thanks! Now it's FileBot 4.7.12 (r5192).
Maybe you can have a job clearing the cache after the new version upload.
Maybe you can have a job clearing the cache after the new version upload.
Re: GPG file in the HEAD repository
I received a news about
FileBot.jar.xz.gpg - 07-Aug-2017 08:37
but on the website it's still
FileBot.jar.xz.gpg - 02-Aug-2017 23:40.
What should it be?
FileBot.jar.xz.gpg - 07-Aug-2017 08:37
but on the website it's still
FileBot.jar.xz.gpg - 02-Aug-2017 23:40.
What should it be?
Re: GPG file in the HEAD repository
The latest jar is from 07 Aug:
Code: Select all
$ curl -I https://get.filebot.net/filebot/latest/FileBot.jar.xz.gpg
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2017 15:22:54 GMT
...
Last-Modified: Mon, 07 Aug 2017 15:37:50 GMT
ETag: "11d8b13-5562ba1282426"Re: GPG file in the HEAD repository
Nope, I still get r5192.
Re: GPG file in the HEAD repository
Now it's forbidden?
Re: GPG file in the HEAD repository
I disabled the index because it seems to be causing confusion.
The latest jar is available. I don't know what revision that is, but you can see the Last Modified date in my post above.
The latest jar is available. I don't know what revision that is, but you can see the Last Modified date in my post above.
Re: GPG file in the HEAD repository
The revision is still r5192.
That's bad because my RSS feed is based on the index page.
I don't see any confusion. The only problem is that the wrong revision is provided.
That needs to be solved.
How can I see if there is a new revision in the future?
Currently I get a 403 Foridden exception. Please make the index available again.
That's bad because my RSS feed is based on the index page.
I don't see any confusion. The only problem is that the wrong revision is provided.
That needs to be solved.
How can I see if there is a new revision in the future?
Currently I get a 403 Foridden exception. Please make the index available again.
Re: GPG file in the HEAD repository
You can use the curl command to fetch and update the latest version. That's what the update-filebot.sh script does. The HTTP protocol does exactly what we need. Fetch new file if there is a new file.
Not sure what you're doing, but there is no RSS feed and parsing HTML index pages is generally a bad idea.
Not sure what you're doing, but there is no RSS feed and parsing HTML index pages is generally a bad idea.
Re: GPG file in the HEAD repository
I download the source of the index page and parse it.
That works fine if there is something!:-)
SO PLEASE ENABLE IT!!!
That works fine if there is something!:-)
SO PLEASE ENABLE IT!!!
Re: GPG file in the HEAD repository
Use HTTP HEAD requests. You're doing something very simple in an unnecessarily complicated way.
Re: GPG file in the HEAD repository
I do this for all my RSS feeds for website without one.
I asked you in the beginning if it will staz like this and you said yes.
Now you change it again and I have to adapt. Just enable the index and it's fine.
I asked you in the beginning if it will staz like this and you said yes.
Now you change it again and I have to adapt. Just enable the index and it's fine.
Re: GPG file in the HEAD repository
I am not familiar with curl so it's again additional work for me. And I need it on windos.
Can you even provide some script I can use. This is really annoying.
Enabling the index would be much easier.
Can you even provide some script I can use. This is really annoying.
Enabling the index would be much easier.
Re: GPG file in the HEAD repository
HTTP is the most common network protocol. There are many many many tools that you can use. curl or wget would be among the most commonly used tools.
You have a bad solution that just so happened to kinda work. Now it doesn't, so it's time to do it properly. You will find that it'll be significantly easier (1 line) compared to whatever concoction you've come up with. I've been telling you to use curl for months. Please do.
Here is a script for you:
https://github.com/filebot/filebot/blob ... filebot.sh
You can refer to this script on how to use curl, gpg and xz to download, verify and extract the jar.
You have a bad solution that just so happened to kinda work. Now it doesn't, so it's time to do it properly. You will find that it'll be significantly easier (1 line) compared to whatever concoction you've come up with. I've been telling you to use curl for months. Please do.
Here is a script for you:
https://github.com/filebot/filebot/blob ... filebot.sh
You can refer to this script on how to use curl, gpg and xz to download, verify and extract the jar.
Re: GPG file in the HEAD repository
We never talked about curl. This is the first time for me.
You are joking. Such an effort only for the info that there is a new version.
I thought curl can do this.
You are joking. Such an effort only for the info that there is a new version.
I thought curl can do this.
Re: GPG file in the HEAD repository
I tried
curl -I https://get.filebot.net/filebot/latest/
and received
HTTP/2 403
date: Mon, 14 Aug 2017 14:37:40 GMT
content-type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1
set-cookie: __cfduid=dc5720c2bd71f8c3534e5f8cd39c6ef221502721460; expires=Tue,
4-Aug-18 14:37:40 GMT; path=/; domain=.filebot.net; HttpOnly
vary: Accept-Encoding
cf-cache-status: EXPIRED
server: cloudflare-nginx
cf-ray: 38e4a747a808232a-FRA
And bow?
curl -I https://get.filebot.net/filebot/latest/
and received
HTTP/2 403
date: Mon, 14 Aug 2017 14:37:40 GMT
content-type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1
set-cookie: __cfduid=dc5720c2bd71f8c3534e5f8cd39c6ef221502721460; expires=Tue,
4-Aug-18 14:37:40 GMT; path=/; domain=.filebot.net; HttpOnly
vary: Accept-Encoding
cf-cache-status: EXPIRED
server: cloudflare-nginx
cf-ray: 38e4a747a808232a-FRA
And bow?
Re: GPG file in the HEAD repository
If I try
I get
Your script downloads the gpg id HTTP_Code ne 200.
So this is the identifier right?
Code: Select all
curl -I https://get.filebot.net/filebot/latest/FileBot.jar.xz.gpg
Code: Select all
HTTP/2 200
date: Mon, 14 Aug 2017 15:40:26 GMT
content-type: application/x-xz
content-length: 18713363
set-cookie: __cfduid=d10ddd5d3474533c37c51e8e1c94e555d1502725225; expires=Tue, 14-Aug-18 15:40:25 GMT; path=/; domain=.filebot.net; HttpOnly
last-modified: Mon, 07 Aug 2017 15:37:50 GMT
etag: "11d8b13-5562ba1282426"
cf-cache-status: HIT
expires: Tue, 15 Aug 2017 15:40:26 GMT
cache-control: public, max-age=86400
accept-ranges: bytes
server: cloudflare-nginx
cf-ray: 38e5033579bf2732-FRA
So this is the identifier right?
Last edited by Sheldon on 14 Aug 2017, 15:48, edited 1 time in total.
Re: GPG file in the HEAD repository
Does this look like a large amount of effort?
Whenever you call this command, it'll either download the latest version, or not download the latest version if there is none.
Code: Select all
curl -L -o FileBot.jar.gpg -z FileBot.jar.gpg https://get.filebot.net/filebot/latest/FileBot.jar.xz.gpgRe: GPG file in the HEAD repository
Yes it is because your command doesn't help at all. You directly download the gpg.
I need the info if there is a new version in an automized way.
Let's get back to my command.
If I get it right a download should be omitted if HTTP code equals 200.
For my RSS feed I can fetch the last modified if HTTP code not equals 200.
is this right?
So I have to parse the reponse,and put the data in the right format.
Additionally curl has to be added to my enviroment properly.
A bunch of work for somethng I already have.
I need the info if there is a new version in an automized way.
Let's get back to my command.
If I get it right a download should be omitted if HTTP code equals 200.
For my RSS feed I can fetch the last modified if HTTP code not equals 200.
is this right?
So I have to parse the reponse,and put the data in the right format.
Additionally curl has to be added to my enviroment properly.
A bunch of work for somethng I already have.
Re: GPG file in the HEAD repository
1.
Get Last Modified date for FileBot.jar.gpg and save it to a variable.
2.
Use curl with -z option so it doesn't download the file if it hasn't been modified.
3.
Get Last Modified date for FileBot.jar.gpg again and compare it to the previously stored variable. Did it change? If yes, then you have a new version. If no, then nothing has changed.
Not quite sure why you're talking about RSS feeds... Whatever you're doing with scraping HTML pages, you already did it the complicated way, so doing it the easy way now won't be very difficult for you, and you should have been doing it this way all along anyway.
Get Last Modified date for FileBot.jar.gpg and save it to a variable.
2.
Use curl with -z option so it doesn't download the file if it hasn't been modified.
3.
Get Last Modified date for FileBot.jar.gpg again and compare it to the previously stored variable. Did it change? If yes, then you have a new version. If no, then nothing has changed.
Not quite sure why you're talking about RSS feeds... Whatever you're doing with scraping HTML pages, you already did it the complicated way, so doing it the easy way now won't be very difficult for you, and you should have been doing it this way all along anyway.
Re: GPG file in the HEAD repository
As I mentiond above it's unnecessary effort but I will handle it.
Thanks for that and your support.
Thanks for that and your support.
Re: GPG file in the HEAD repository
My RSS feed works properly again.
Please make sure that there are no more old revision cache issues in the future.
How do we get new lib files?
Please make sure that there are no more old revision cache issues in the future.
How do we get new lib files?
Re: GPG file in the HEAD repository
Do you mean the native libraries? You can get them from the original author or compile it yourself for your platform. I also maintain some binaries for common platforms in the GitHub repository.
Re: GPG file in the HEAD repository
Yes, it's about the natives. Please provide some links.
Re: GPG file in the HEAD repository
Can not decrypt 4.7.12 Filebot.jar.xz.gpg getting the following error
PS C:\Program Files (x86)\GnuPG> gpg --trusted-key 4E402EBF7C3C6A71 --output FileBot.jar.xz --decrypt FileBot.jar.xz.gpg
gpg: Signature made 08/22/17 08:34:16 Pacific Daylight Time
gpg: using RSA key B0976E51E5C047AD0FD051294E402EBF7C3C6A71
gpg: issuer "[email protected]"
gpg: Can't check signature: No public key
PS C:\Program Files (x86)\GnuPG>
PS C:\Program Files (x86)\GnuPG> gpg --trusted-key 4E402EBF7C3C6A71 --output FileBot.jar.xz --decrypt FileBot.jar.xz.gpg
File 'FileBot.jar.xz' exists. Overwrite? (y/N) y
gpg: Signature made 08/22/17 08:34:16 Pacific Daylight Time
gpg: using RSA key B0976E51E5C047AD0FD051294E402EBF7C3C6A71
gpg: issuer "[email protected]"
gpg: Can't check signature: No public key
PS C:\Program Files (x86)\GnuPG>
Am i doing something wrong?
PS C:\Program Files (x86)\GnuPG> gpg --trusted-key 4E402EBF7C3C6A71 --output FileBot.jar.xz --decrypt FileBot.jar.xz.gpg
gpg: Signature made 08/22/17 08:34:16 Pacific Daylight Time
gpg: using RSA key B0976E51E5C047AD0FD051294E402EBF7C3C6A71
gpg: issuer "[email protected]"
gpg: Can't check signature: No public key
PS C:\Program Files (x86)\GnuPG>
PS C:\Program Files (x86)\GnuPG> gpg --trusted-key 4E402EBF7C3C6A71 --output FileBot.jar.xz --decrypt FileBot.jar.xz.gpg
File 'FileBot.jar.xz' exists. Overwrite? (y/N) y
gpg: Signature made 08/22/17 08:34:16 Pacific Daylight Time
gpg: using RSA key B0976E51E5C047AD0FD051294E402EBF7C3C6A71
gpg: issuer "[email protected]"
gpg: Can't check signature: No public key
PS C:\Program Files (x86)\GnuPG>
Am i doing something wrong?
Re: GPG file in the HEAD repository
You need to import my public key first and set it as trusted.
Re: GPG file in the HEAD repository
it this and error or have you closed access to updates ?
https://get.filebot.net/filebot/latest/ ... jar.xz.gpg
https://get.filebot.net/filebot/latest/ ... jar.xz.gpg
Not Found
The requested URL /filebot/latest/FileBot.jar.xz.gpg was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Re: GPG file in the HEAD repository
The latest jar is no longer compatible with Java 8 which is a breaking change for most users. In fact, my automated tests run on my Synology NAS which only runs Java 8, so I've removed the latest jar so it doesn't auto-update to a jar that doesn't work.
Now that I think if it, the latest jar would also make a good addition as one of the perks of the crowded funded FileBot for Linux plan:
https://www.patreon.com/filebot
EDIT:
Sorry for the capitalism here, but if anybody that uses the latest jar could pledge $1 on Patreon that would give me a good indication for how many users want to see continued support for that.
Now that I think if it, the latest jar would also make a good addition as one of the perks of the crowded funded FileBot for Linux plan:
https://www.patreon.com/filebot
EDIT:
Sorry for the capitalism here, but if anybody that uses the latest jar could pledge $1 on Patreon that would give me a good indication for how many users want to see continued support for that.
Re: GPG file in the HEAD repository
I'm sorry to see this development, but I understand why... however you can still share the file with a different URL path.
I think you are going about this "patreon" the wrong way, too "under the radar"... maybe release a new Filebot version that inform and link to https://www.patreon.com/filebot and with better info about how this works... as I read it:
"...$1,000 per release" = NO release if the goal isn't reached ?
if the goal isn't reached = users get nothing for their money ?
is the release a minor or major release ?
what if some feature stop working the next day after new release ?
maybe
"...$1,000 per release" = major release
"...$100 per release" = minor release
or
$5/10 per user = major release
$1 per user = minor release
If people do not know about this or it takes too long to reach the goal, people will move on and forget about Filebot, I think.
I think you are going about this "patreon" the wrong way, too "under the radar"... maybe release a new Filebot version that inform and link to https://www.patreon.com/filebot and with better info about how this works... as I read it:
"...$1,000 per release" = NO release if the goal isn't reached ?
if the goal isn't reached = users get nothing for their money ?
is the release a minor or major release ?
what if some feature stop working the next day after new release ?
maybe
"...$1,000 per release" = major release
"...$100 per release" = minor release
or
$5/10 per user = major release
$1 per user = minor release
If people do not know about this or it takes too long to reach the goal, people will move on and forget about Filebot, I think.
Re: GPG file in the HEAD repository
$1k is the absolute minimum target, but more would be better. Nobody gets charged anything until I publish a release and and collect one round of pledges.
You can use Google / YouTube to learn more about how Patreon works. Support your favorite YouTube artists and see for yourself.
It's less about making money, and more about gauging the level of interest in continued support for Linux, and if anybody asks for updates then I have Patreon page I can refer people to, instead of just turning them down.
As long as FileBot 4.7.9 is around and works mostly just fine, I don't expect there to be much interest. But the Patreon page is there now, and we'll see how it goes.
It's less about making money, and more about gauging the level of interest in continued support for Linux, and if anybody asks for updates then I have Patreon page I can refer people to, instead of just turning them down.
As long as FileBot 4.7.9 is around and works mostly just fine, I don't expect there to be much interest. But the Patreon page is there now, and we'll see how it goes.