FileBot does not respect AniDB API limitation

Any questions? Need some help?
FileBotAwesome

FileBot does not respect AniDB API limitation

Post by FileBotAwesome »

I have been banned on 5 different IPs.

I have talked to AniDB and they have asked me to provide this link: https://wiki.anidb.net/w/UDP_API_Defini ... Protection

Thanks for your time

edit:

some things I was doing before getting banned:

Had 70 files in rename and match them. Some titles I had to write manually. Others I had to scroll through the list.

Also happens on smaller quantities (<10)

Bug report:

Titles that were matched before getting banned also get deleted.
rednoah
The Source

Re: FileBot does not respect AniDB API limitation

Post by rednoah »

FileBot abides by the following rules:
* no more than 2 HTTP requests per 5 seconds
* all data is cached for 6 days

:idea: These should be well within the limits of the HTTP API (not the same as the UDP API).

:idea: It is possible to get around these limitations by running multiple instances of FileBot, but this is generally never the case for a typical GUI user or CLI user.

FileBotAwesome wrote: 27 Apr 2019, 19:30 I have been banned on 5 different IPs.
If you're using a shared IP, that is shared with many other people using AniDB, then AniDB might ban that IP.

:idea: Most users can't change their IP. Most users also don't seem to have issues with AniDB. There might be a connection.

FileBotAwesome wrote: 27 Apr 2019, 19:30 Titles that were matched before getting banned also get deleted.
I'm not sure what that means.

You can enable full debug logging with time stamps to double check what requests and made and when:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3913
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Chas3down

Re: FileBot does not respect AniDB API limitation

Post by Chas3down »

rednoah wrote: 27 Apr 2019, 20:06 1.
FileBot abides by the following rules:
* no more than 2 HTTP requests per 5 seconds
* all data is cached for 6 days

:idea: These should be well within the limits of the HTTP API (not the same as the UDP API).

:idea: It is possible to get around these limitations by running multiple instances of FileBot, but this is generally never the case for a typical GUI user or CLI user.

FileBotAwesome wrote: 27 Apr 2019, 19:30 I have been banned on 5 different IPs.
If you're using a shared IP, that is shared with many other people using AniDB, then AniDB might ban that IP.

:idea: Most users can't change their IP. Most users also don't seem to have issues with AniDB. There might be a connection.

FileBotAwesome wrote: 27 Apr 2019, 19:30 Titles that were matched before getting banned also get deleted.
I'm not sure what that means.

You can enable full debug logging with time stamps to double check what requests and made and when:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3913
A Client MUST NOT send more than one packet every four seconds over an extended amount of time. Long renames could fall under this.