Caused by: java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: /shared/*.psm

Any questions? Need some help?
jkalksma

Caused by: java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: /shared/*.psm

Post by jkalksma »

Hello, my license has expired so I bought a new one. I am not able to install it however. This is what I get. My license file is in the “shared” folder.

Code: Select all

*****@******:/$ filebot --license /shared/FileBot_License_P10078533.psm
Error during startup
net.filebot.cli.CmdlineException: Invalid License File: /shared/FileBot_License_P10078533.psm
	at net.filebot.cli.ArgumentBean.getLicenseKey(ArgumentBean.java:367)
	at net.filebot.Main.main(Main.java:125)
Caused by: java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: /shared/FileBot_License_P10078533.psm
	at net.filebot.util.FileUtilities.readFile(FileUtilities.java:202)
	at net.filebot.util.FileUtilities.readTextFile(FileUtilities.java:213)
	at net.filebot.cli.ArgumentBean.getLicenseKey(ArgumentBean.java:365)
	... 1 more
rednoah
The Source

Re: [bash] sh: -c: line 0: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `

Post by rednoah »

Please read How to Request Help.

The file path you pass in as argument does not exist, or seems to not exists from the point of view from the filebot process due to permissions or sandboxing:

Code: Select all

Caused by: java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: /shared/FileBot_License_P10078533.psm
:?: Are you sure this file exists?
:?: How did you verify that this file does in fact exist?

:?: :?: Assuming that you're using Ubuntu Linux and have installed FileBot via the Ubuntu Software Center:

Are you using the SNAP package? Have you tried selecting a file in your $HOME folder?
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5139

:idea: SNAP confinement restricts file system access, and deny access to random non-standard file paths such as /shared which would explain why the operating system tells FileBot that the file doesn't exist.

:idea: If you're familiar with Linux, but unfamiliar with SNAP confinement, then I recommend using the APT repository to install the DEB package: https://www.filebot.net/linux/apt.html

:?: :?: Assuming that you're using Synology NAS:

If you're using Synology NAS, then you may use FileBot Node to correctly install your license for you on the device:

:!: Note that on Synology NAS, there is no /shared root folder, so the path you have given can't exist, which would explain why FileBot says that it doesn't exist.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.