filebot leaves .part files behind

Any questions? Need some help?
limera1n

filebot leaves .part files behind

Post by limera1n »

Hello! I have configured filebot on my synology nas to move files from downloads folder to media folder. I have just noticed that it leaves .part files from torrents behind even though I use clean=y option. Since I use a script that calls filebot only if there any files in downloads folder it becomes a bit annoying. I am wondering if there is a way to configure filebot so that it will delete all the files left from torrent download after running?

Here is my current filebot configuration:

Code: Select all

filebot -script 'fn:amc' /volume1/downloads --output /volume1/video --action move -non-strict --order Airdate --conflict auto --lang ru --def 'clean=y' 'skipExtract=y' 'minFileSize=100000000' 'excludeList=.excludes' --apply refresh --log all --log-file '/usr/local/filebot-node/data/filebot.log'
rednoah
The Source

Re: filebot leaves .part files behind

Post by rednoah »

.part would typically be files that are currently being downloaded. Not something we want to delete by default. Your torrent client will remove the .part files and replace it with the complete file when the corresponding downloads are complete.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
limera1n

Post by limera1n »

yeah I know, but when you are downloading a tv show and select only few episodes some torrent clients may create .part files for episodes you haven't chosen which will stay after the download is finished. So, as I understand there is no way to make filebot delete these .part files?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

limera1n wrote: 12 Apr 2020, 16:28 So, as I understand there is no way to make filebot delete these .part files?
Pretty much. That responsibility would lie with your torrent client.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.