Match only part of filename

Any questions? Need some help?
mangojuus

Match only part of filename

Post by mangojuus »

I have movies that are named like this: Director - (year) Movie Title (Michael Haneke - (2000) Code Unknown)
When i try to match these movies Filebot thinks director is the movietitle obviously, and ill have to manually match the movie which is tedious as i have 4-500 files named this way. What im wondering is, is there a way to make a preset which tells filebot to match only the info after the hyphon so that it scrapes (year) Movie Title or some?
rednoah
The Source

Re: Match only part of filename

Post by rednoah »

Have you tried the ImageImage Repeat toggle to enable auto-selection for all subsequent choices reduce user-interaction?

Have you tried Image Strict Mode to reduce user-interaction?
viewtopic.php?t=4695

EDIT: 1. and 2. turn out to be not helpful for Michael Haneke - (2000) Code Unknown because the year part makes FileBot ignore the name part due to the assumption that name must precede year. Michael Haneke - Code Unknown 2000 works though.

As a last resort, can pre-process files in Plain File Mode and strip the "Director - " part before processing files for real:
viewtopic.php?t=2072

A plain file format like this will do the trick:

Code: Select all

fn.after(/-/)
You'll also want to move the year pattern behind the movie name pattern while you're at it:

Code: Select all

{fn.after(/\)/)} ({fn.match(/\d{4}/)})
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.