All movies incorrectly identified as "Abduction (2009)"

Any questions? Need some help?
Post Reply
LeBlackNight
Posts: 2
Joined: 15 Sep 2020, 16:55

All movies incorrectly identified as "Abduction (2009)"

Post by LeBlackNight »

I am using FileBot 4.9.1 GUI and frequently when I drag a folder with a movie into it that has a sub-folder (named Subs) with a 2_eng.srt file in it, and then choose 'fetch data' against TheMovieDB, it will come back with the name of the movie correctly, but the .srt file will be named Abduction.srt. Always Abduction when it is wrong, and sometimes I get this for the movie file too, but I believe that is generally when TheMovieDB is unable to find a match (I think). I have to copy the name of the movie and rename the 2_eng.srt to moviename.srt and then it will detect properly and rename properly. This is a huge inconvenience though when trying to rename multiple movie folders at the same time. I end up having to do them one at a time to see if they are going to work.

Second issue I am having is related. When I have a movie folder with a Subs folder as mentioned above and I rename the movie, the movie and .srt file get removed from the original folder and placed into a new (properly named folder) but the old folder structure gets left behind (just empty). If I get rid of the Subs sub-folder, and move the .srt file to the root first, then the rename operation also deletes the old folder when it creates the new properly named folder. Is there something I do to fix this?
User avatar
rednoah
The Source
Posts: 18835
Joined: 16 Nov 2011, 08:59
Location: Taipei
Contact:

Re: Renaming issues

Post by rednoah »

Thanks for the post! Before a real human comes by, please make sure your report has all the following points checked:
  • What are you trying to do achieve? What's not working? What have you tried so far?
  • Include screenshots, logs or filenames (i.e. demonstrate the issue)
  • Include System Information (i.e. filebot -script fn:sysinfo console output)
:idea: Please read How to Request Help and Fix Problems, Report Bugs, Get Features.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
LeBlackNight
Posts: 2
Joined: 15 Sep 2020, 16:55

Re: Renaming issues

Post by LeBlackNight »

While I was setting up some tests to demonstrate the issue, I uncovered part of the issue. I created the following folder structure.

D:\Example\_Process

In this folder I placed two folders that contain movies that need to be renamed.

These photos show the folder structure and files contained within.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

I open FileBot and drag the Range.Runners.2019.1080p folder and drop it into the FileBot original file window, select Fetch Data, TheMovieDB, and this is the result.

Image

I open FileBot and drag the The.Owners.2020.1080p folder and drop it into the FileBot original file window, select Fetch Data, , TheMovieDB, and this is the result. This is more common where the movie file renames properly but the subtitle file gets named Abduction.srt.

Image

I then renamed the _Process folder to Process and dropped The.Owners.2020.1080p folder back into the FileBot original file window, select Fetch Data, , TheMovieDB, and got a prompt this time. It turns out the "_" character is why it was auto selecting 'Abduction' every time, but it never prompted me for a non-match like it did when I removed the "_" character. I did not drag the _Process folder itself into FileBot at any time, only the sub-folders, so not even sure why it is looking up one folder level to try to auto match the 2_English.srt files against _Process instead of against The.Owners.2020.1080p folder.

Image



For the other problem, once I process one of those folders, the files get renamed into a newly created folder, then the original folder is left behind, with a Subs sub-folder remaining. Because there is a sub-folder, it does not clean up the folder I renamed which is what I want. I can provide a screen shot for this if needed, but I figured an explanation would probably suffice.
User avatar
rednoah
The Source
Posts: 18835
Joined: 16 Nov 2011, 08:59
Location: Taipei
Contact:

Re: Renaming issues

Post by rednoah »

Here's what I'd do first to maybe make things work better:
* Rename "Example" to "Downloads" (Downloads is known to not be a movie name)
* Rename "Process" to "Movies" (Movies is known to not be a movie name)
* Change format to D:/Media/{plex} to process files into a new pristine file and folder structure (moving files into new clean structure well aid with clean up operations on the old left-behind now empty structure)


:!: Process is a known alias for Abduction (2009). Using a different folder name will ensure that this particular movie will not be considered as a valid match.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Post Reply