Show names are just boxes when using TMDB

Any questions? Need some help?
Fiddlel

Show names are just boxes when using TMDB

Post by Fiddlel »

Ever since I updated to 4.9.2, the show names I get for anime are just boxes. I suppose this happens because Filebot takes the native name of the show which is Japanese for anime and can't display the Japanese characters properly. I would like it to use the English names though. This was working with 4.9.1 and it works for movies with Japanese titles on TMDB as well. TVDB works for series with Japanese titles too.

My system information

Code: Select all

FileBot 4.9.2 (r8046)
JNA Native: 6.1.0
MediaInfo: 20.08
7-Zip-JBinding: 16.02
Chromaprint: 1.5.0
Extended Attributes: OK
Unicode Filesystem: OK
Script Bundle: 2020-10-11 (r675)
Groovy: 3.0.6
JRE: OpenJDK Runtime Environment 15
JVM: 64-bit OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM
CPU/MEM: 12 Core / 4.3 GB Max Memory / 120 MB Used Memory
STORAGE: NTFS [Entertainment] @ 160 GB | NTFS [Entertainmenter] @ 364 GB | NTFS [Gaming] @ 149 GB | NTFS [Downloads] @ 24 GB | NTFS [Seed & Stuff] @ 12 GB
DATA: C:\Users\Name\AppData\Roaming\FileBot
Package: MSI
License: FileBot License P10539704 (Valid-Until: 2020-12-08)
and some logs

https://pastebin.com/fS0WrLji
rednoah
The Source

Re: Show names are just boxes when using TMDB

Post by rednoah »

Just a side-effect of Dark Mode fonts not having Japanese / Chinese symbols on Windows for some reason. The characters work for renaming purposes, just aren't rendered correctly by the default font on Windows.

You can work around font issues by using the System theme instead of the Dark theme, either by configuring Windows to use Light theme for apps, or by forcing the System theme via FileBot settings:
rednoah wrote: 25 Feb 2019, 12:58

Code: Select all

filebot -script fn:properties --def net.filebot.theme=System
The default System Look-and-Feel mimics the underlying Desktop platform and looks different on Windows, macOS and Linux.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Fiddlel

Post by Fiddlel »

The thing is that I don't even want the Japanese name of those shows. It gives me the Japanese shows even though the language is set to English as you can see in the above screenshot. I didn't change my settings when upgrading from 4.9.1 to 4.9.2.
TVDB gives me the desired English name and TMDB gives me the desired English name only for movies.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

rednoah wrote: 29 Sep 2020, 05:56 Known Issues:
TheMovieDB::TV prefers the Original Name field for {n} and thus ignores the user-defined language preferences in cases where Name and Original Name are not one and the same (fixed with r8090)
:arrow: Easy Solution: Use TheTVDB instead.

:arrow: Less Easy Solution: Downgrade to 4.9.1 or upgrade to the latest beta for now: viewtopic.php?t=1609
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.