Strange "Bad *Format value" error messages

Any questions? Need some help?
comio

Strange "Bad *Format value" error messages

Post by comio »

Hi,
I'm using docker filebot watcher. I noticed the following errors, even if all seems to work fine:

Code: Select all

Bad movieFormat value: "{plex} [{vc} {vf} {hd} {ac}]"
Bad seriesFormat value: "{plex} [{vc} {vf} {hd} {ac}]"
Bad animeFormat value: "{plex} [{vc} {vf} {hd} {ac}]"
Does anyone have any idea regarding these error messages?

Thanks in advance,

ciao
kim
Power User

Re: Strange "Bad *Format value" error messages

Post by kim »

The correct format is e.g.

{plex.derive{" [$vf, $vc, $ac]"}}
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Your command-line arguments are bad. Because you're accidentally passing "" along literally as part of the argument value.

:!: A custom format cannot start with " and end with " because a file path cannot start with " and end with ". This may or may not lead to strange behavior depending on your platform and settings. You get lucky in this case because " is stripped away to make all the file paths Windows friendly by default, but on Unix platforms, if -unixfs were to be enabled, FileBot will literally create file paths with literal " in the file path as commanded.

YES: Here's how we use "..." to pass an argument value, where "..." is interpreted by the shell itself to delimit a single argument value, but is not part of the argument value itself:

echo "Hello World"
Hello World

NO: I don't know what you're doing, because you didn't paste your command, but you are somehow accidentally effectively doing something like this:

echo '"Hello World"'
"Hello World"
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
comio

Post by comio »

Thanks for the answers.

I fixed my docker-compose file in this way:

filebot:                                                                                      
   image:                                                                                      
     rednoah/filebot:watcher                                                                   
   command:                                                                                    
     - /media/to_process                                                                       
     - --action                                                                                
     -   copy                                                                                  
     - --output                                                                                
     -   /media/processed                                                                      
     - --conflict                                                                              
     -   auto                                                                                  
     - -non-strict                                                                             
     - --def                                                                                   
     -    unsorted=y                                                                           
     -    music=y                                                                              
     -    artwork=n                                                                            
     -    movieFormat={plex} [{vc} {vf} {hd} {ac}]                                             
     -    seriesFormat={plex} [{vc} {vf} {hd} {ac}]                                            
     -    animeFormat={plex} [{vc} {vf} {hd} {ac}]                                             
     -    musicFormat={plex}                                                                   
kim wrote: 19 Nov 2021, 14:53 The correct format is e.g.

{plex.derive{" [$vf, $vc, $ac]"}}
This seems to be broken to me.

Thanks again,

ciao