Complete Beginner

Any questions? Need some help?
rednoah
The Source

Re: Complete Beginner

Post by rednoah »

@kiloback On Windows I have no idea how to redirect and print output, on Linux/Mac it's tee:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tee_%28command%29

Doesn't work in Windows CMD but luckily for you it works in Windows PowerShell, e.g.

Code: Select all

powershell /c "echo hello | tee D:\log.txt"
@buck3y3 I sense you don't understand what a hardlink is
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_link#Example

Long story short, you can see any normal file as hardlink, if you create another hardlink, there'll just be another one, with a different path, but on disk it'll be the same exact data, two files that are actually one and the same, hence there is no original file. There is data on the disk and two files pointing to it. Only if you delete both files will the OS free the data on disk.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
kiloback

Post by kiloback »

thanks for the info ,because its not native to windows i have to use a commandline utility like "mtee" which im using right now to get the results.
and about hardlink can it link from another partition but same disk?
thanks again btw
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Nope, has to be the same filesystem, i.e. same drive/partition.
buck3y3
Donor

Post by buck3y3 »

In very simple terms...it is kind of like a shortcut, is that basically it?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

That's exactly what it's not. On Windows a Shortcut is a normal file, it's data is the path to the actual file.

What you need to understand is that files are links to physical data on the disk. In simple terms, any file is a hardlink in that it point to data on the harddisk. Creating a hardlink means copying the pointer to the data, not the data itself, meaning you have two files pointing to the same physical data. There is no 1-original-1-copy as both are the original.

Google it. ;)
SirLee

Speaking of beginner...

Post by SirLee »

the cool web interface, does that publish to a port, or does it only work if you launch it from a gui interface? I have ubuntu server, I installed the .deb package, but I don't know where to go from here. Am I just using the CLI? I've got everything working great on that box (sabnzbd, transmission, couchpotato, sickbeard) the problem is, that process doesn't work 100% of the time. filebot looks like it could be the final piece of the puzzle. I want to clean up downloads that don't work. I mainly want to have it see a movie folder, rename the folder and files beneath correctly (conforming to Plex's standards), and put it in my media library. Is it easy to get there from here?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

There is no web interface. You can easily integrate FileBot with any download tool that can run commands on newly downloaded files. See the CLI and Scripting pages for details and have a look at the utorrent-postprocess script.

@see
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brGyo2uQzSs
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Here's what I came up on how to do things with Transmission on Linux. Should work the same on Mac though:
http://filebot.sourceforge.net/forums/v ... 3382#p3380