I must be daft but how to move to other folder?

Any questions? Need some help?
Pitbull_Raven

I must be daft but how to move to other folder?

Post by Pitbull_Raven »

Hi all.

Such a basic thing but something must be eluding me. I am trying to get my shows to move from uTorrent dload dir to E:\Users\Username\Videos\Series. Figured I somehow have to use --action move, I think. Problem is it's creating the show folders in a sub-dir named E:\Users\Username\Videos\Series\TV Shows and I don't want that. I want the show folders created in E:\Users\Username\Videos\Series.

I have been checking sample scripts and reading around, but can't figure it out. Just can't get the output to exclude the TV Shows.

My script:
filebot -script fn:amc --output "E:\Users\Nuno Marques\Videos\Series" --log-file amc.log --action copy --conflict override -non-strict --def music=y pushbullet=v17p6vzVjOnWCBIp8s8X69lXernT4sEmZvuju4bIQK7cy subtitles=en artwork=y clean=y "ut_label=%L" "ut_state=%S" "ut_title=%N" "ut_kind=%K" "ut_file=%F" "ut_dir=%D"

Still haven't tested with --action move and don't even know if it'll work with uTorrent because the files are still supposed to seed after downloading.

Help greatly appreciated.
rednoah
The Source

Re: I must be daft but how to move to other folder?

Post by rednoah »

Rename "Series" folder to "TV Shows". Then set --output E:\Users\Username\Videos.

You cannot use --action move since uTorrent will lock the files, so they can't be moved or deleted.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Pitbull_Raven

Post by Pitbull_Raven »

rednoah wrote:1.
Rename "Series" folder to "TV Shows". Then set --output E:\Users\Username\Videos.

You cannot use --action move since uTorrent will lock the files, so they can't be moved or deleted.
I was hoping to do it the other way round. Get rid of the TV Shows and keep Series. SO I gather that the script will always add to a folder TV Shows? No chance to change that?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I gave you the easy solution.

The other less easy solution is clearly documented in the Change how files will be organized and renamed section. That's for advanced users though.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.