7-Zip errors

Any questions? Need some help?
munch9000

7-Zip errors

Post by munch9000 »

Hi. First of all, thanks for this program. I've only been using it for a day and already it has far exceeded my expectations. I've got the utorrent-postprocess running and it mostly seems to work as long as there are no archives. When there are, it fails. When I paste the exact command into a terminal, I get an error and an exception:

Code: Select all

SevenZipNativeInitializationException: Failed to load 7z-JBinding: no mingwm10 i
n java.library.path
NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method isVideo() on null object
java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method isVideo() on null object
        at Script3$_run_closure2.doCall(Script3.groovy:24)
        at Script3.run(Script3.groovy:24)
        at net.sourceforge.filebot.cli.ScriptShell.evaluate(Unknown Source)
        at net.sourceforge.filebot.cli.ScriptShell.runScript(Unknown Source)
        at net.sourceforge.filebot.cli.ArgumentProcessor.process(Unknown Source)

at net.sourceforge.filebot.Main.main(Unknown Source)
If I run the sysinfo script I get:

filebot -script "fn:sysinfo" -trust-script
FileBot 2.64 (r1024)
MediaInfo: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Unable to load library 'mediainfo': T
he specified module could not be found.

7-Zip-JBinding: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.sourceforge.filebot.archiv
e.SevenZipLoader
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 1.7.0_05
32-bit Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
Windows 7 (x86)
Done ?(?????)?
...so obviously it's not finding 7-zip. I did not install it separately, as from what I understood it should have been included when I installed filebot with the 32-bit windows installer. My java version is also 32-bit.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
rednoah
The Source

Re: 7-Zip errors

Post by rednoah »

That is very wierd. I'm running also running Java 1.7.0_05 on Windows 7 and it works fine. It can neither load mediainfo nor 7zip so there must be something wrong with loading native code in general.

Make sure that all the libraries are in the install folder:
https://sourceforge.net/p/filebot/code/ ... win32-x86/

and that the working directory of the app is:
C:\Program Files\FileBot

But that is default as well. Don't really have an idea here, but some path or something is not set up correctly or arch doesn't match, but that should all be ok like you said.

You could also try adding these two lines to the *.l4j.ini files

-Djna.library.path="%EXEDIR%"
-Djava.library.path="%EXEDIR%"
PS: The 7zip part in the sysinfo script is updated for a newer revision, so you can ignore that status.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

btw what happens if you try to run it via Java WebStart?

javaws -wait -uninstall
javaws -wait -clearcache
javaws -wait -Xnosplash http://filebot.sf.net/webstart/filebot.jnlp
munch9000

Post by munch9000 »

The mingwm10.dll file was missing from my installation folder, but adding it and adding those 2 lines to the l4j files did not seem to help.

I can run the program via those Java WebStart commands...and I can also run the GUI normally through the Start menu. The issue is just extracting archives through the command line/scripting interface.

Thanks for your help. If you're out of ideas....I suppose the logical thing for me to try next is uninstall-reinstall the whole thing. I can also try the 64-bit versions (Filebot and Java), as I'm really not sure why I didn't choose them to begin with.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Try running via webstart and test the native stuff. Try extracting archives with the GUI and see if it can load the necessary 7zip code.

Otherwise let's try with 64bit for everything.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Try reinstalling the latest msi from here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/filebot ... ebot/HEAD/

This is how it looks for me:

FileBot 2.64 (r1121)
MediaInfo: MediaInfoLib - v0.7.48
7-Zip-JBinding: OK
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 1.7.0_05
32-bit Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
Windows 7 (x86)
munch9000

Post by munch9000 »

Reinstalling with the latest msi seemed to fix it. Thanks for your help!!
jakub

Post by jakub »

I'm getting the same error as the previous user.

When I run sysinfo, it recognizes 7zip.

I tried to uninstall and reinstall but that didnt help. I also copied the files to the filebot directory. When I run a similar instruction from command line it works. Any suggestions?

By the way, thank you for all the work you have put into this program. It's the heart of my HTPC :)
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

0. You probably got something wrong with the architecture. You'll need 64-bit Windows, 64-bit Java Runtime and 64-bit FileBot for it to work.

As for the scripts:
1. The sysinfo detection code was outdated, wasn't doing anything so it just said "OK". Fixed that.
2. The utorrent script shouldn't break just because 7zip is not available. Fixed that.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

btw the two screenshots you sent, are you sure it's the same JRE running both times?

From the utorrent script log it looks like it's a 32-bit Java with an 64-bit FileBot install. Where as the sysinfo script log is both 64-bit Java and 64-bit FileBot install.
jakub

Post by jakub »

It works now but I had to delete the 64-bit versions of Java and Filebot and reinstall Filebot's 32bit version.

On this system, I had the 32 and 64 bit versiosn of java installed. Initially, I deleted the 32bit version of Java and the script in utorrent completely fails. Doesn't even get to the 7Zip Fail.

I guess I am confused why the script in utorrent wants to use 32bit Java? I don't have this problem when I'm using the script in cmd line. Is there a way to force 64bit?

By the way, I'm not a programmer so please excuse if I use any terminology incorrectly.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I suppose it works like this.

You have 32-bit µtorrent, so when 32-bit µtorrent starts up a cmd It'll prefer executables in the Program Files (x86) folder over executables in the Program Files folder.

There shouldn't be much reason to have 32-bit and 64-bit JRE. For any pure Java app the 64-bit JRE should be much faster for CPU intensive stuff. You'd only have 32-bit if there is some java app that needs to load 32-bit native libs.
jakub

Post by jakub »

Have you been successful in running the script in utorrent with 64bit versions of JRE and Filebot?

Also, when running 32bit Filebot and Java, cmds pasted into terminal do not work. Default cmd is 64bit so I forced the 32bit version to open via this command:

%windir%\SysWoW64\cmd.exe

Now, terminal works correctly for me. Not sure if you have run into any of these problems.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I'm only running 32bit Win7. Not sure what 32/64bit cmd is doing, but especially when just executing a program 32/64bit. Even for FileBot doesn't matter since Java is platform independent. Doesn't matter if it's a 32/64bit JRE. Only when loading native code (MediaInfo, 7zip) that matters.