Help with a new script

Any questions? Need some help?
Chryses

Help with a new script

Post by Chryses »

Hi to all, I loking for a program that can rename tv series and movies, and only now I found this program.

Seems to be very good, but I came from tv renamer and it's a little bit different.

The very cool thinks is that it's possible to make script to do some works.

Here's my situation

One folder called Download, in this folder came everything, program, music video etc etc,

One folder to collect the media files

Media (main folder)
-Tv Series
--Dexter (all season here)
--Ringer (all season here)
--Etc etc...
-Movies
-Musics
-Photos

So, now my objective is to move automatically the media files, only movie and tv series

I read the script section and I found "Fully Automated Media Center" script, I think that's is that I need, but I don't know if I right!

Very occasionally I use torrent, always jdownloader, so I don't need to extract the files with the script. I use one media player, xtreamer.

I've also installed EventGhost, and I've configured it to watch the download folder and run only when one new file is created and is accessible. Now ther's the hardest part.

Anyone can help me to modify the main script.

Tnx, J
rednoah
The Source

Re: Help with a new script

Post by rednoah »

The uTorrent script will only touch video/subtitles files anyway so it doesn't matter what other stuff you have. If there is archives they will be extracted, but if there isn't things will move on, doesn't matter.

You could just try running the uTorrent scripts manually on some files and see what happens. Use --action test to not actually rename/move things.

Even better would be to run the script whenever a download completes like the recommended usage for uTorrent, but of course you can call it from other programs as well.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Chryses

Post by Chryses »

Ok, I'm traying :)

I downloaded the script, whit the lib files, so I can use and I can apply changes, for now only at the path and the name.

Now the firs problem:

In my series folder I already have "Beck", but if I launch the test script, the query found many back and, I don't know whay, chose Beck (Ekman). Btw, the corret one is the first.

Code: Select all

C:\Users\Asus>filebot -script "C:\Program Files\FileBot\utorrent-postprocess.gro
ovy" "E:\Download" --output "E:\Multimedia" --action test --conflict skip -non-s
trict
Input: E:\Download\Beck.S01e02.avi
Group: [tvs:Beck] => [Beck.S01e02.avi]
Rename episodes using [TheTVDB]
Auto-detected query: [Beck]
Fetching episode data for [Beck]
Fetching episode data for [Beck (Ekman)]
Fetching episode data for [Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad]
[TEST] Rename [E:\Download\Beck.S01e02.avi] to [E:\Multimedia\Serie TV\Beck (Ekm
an)\Beck (Ekman) - 1x02 - .avi]
Processed 1 files
Done ?(?????)?
There's an option that checks if there's already the series and take that? Or, there's a way to indicate to the programm the shows that I've? A kind of database.

Ps where I can find a list of the --action command? The test one is very useful!

Tnx for your patient!

J
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

List cmdline options:

1. Cmdline help
filebot -help

2. Cmdline docs
http://filebot.sf.net/cli.html

Now Beck VS Beck (Ekman) is just bad luck. Usually it'd prefer "Beck" because it matches the file better BUT in this case Beck (Ekman) is reduced to "Beck" since it triggers special handling for (...)$ that is important for Doctor Who (1970/2005), Coupling (UK/US) etc

Now you can fix this using the --filter option. This allows you to plug in arbitrary code to include/exclude episodes from file/episode matching.

e.g. valid episode title
--filter "!t.empty"

e.g. Specifically exclude "Ekman"
--filter "!(n =~ /Ekman/)"

OR you could write a little bit of code that'll check things against blacklist/whitelist database. Anything is possible.
Chryses

Post by Chryses »

I don't think being able to do that!

Btw tnx for yuour advice.

So, with the filter, I need to make one filter for any "error" that I found? I've 88 series to manage :shock: , I tried some case and every time there's some problem, because here the series have different names.

It's possible to make a kind of db with the correct association for the series?
It's possible, via cli, in case of multiple series found, to make appear a windows and choose the right one and store/save the choice for future inquiry?

Tnx for your help, J
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Well you wouldn't need to add a filter for each show, just the ones where two shows with the same name mess things up, also --filter !t.empty would take out any episode without title, --filter y>2000 would take out all old shows. You might catch lots of problems with general rules like that. You could read these rules for a file, i.e. your "db".

The only thing you can't do is change the query with filter expressions. That and UI dialogs would require some real scripting which I sense might be a problem for you ;). But the artwork.* scripts do just that if you wanna have a look.
Chryses

Post by Chryses »

Tnx for your help, I manage the all think in a different way

I use another sw for the tv show, and I use the utorrent script and I force it to check only the movie.

For now works well, but I've only one problem, I use jd to download and when I download multiple parts, every time the script try to extract some parts.

There's some way to disable the autoestraction function? Also because many files have a passwords.

J
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Check the script, look for where it does "extract" and delete that line.