My file structure does not seem to be accepted =)

Any questions? Need some help?
ztoner

My file structure does not seem to be accepted =)

Post by ztoner »

So next on, im trying the subtitles with cmd.
using:

File structure:

Code: Select all

I:\Autodownload\Running Seasons\American Dad\American.Dad.S08E01.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv
                                             American.Dad.S08E02.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv
                                             American.Dad.S08E03.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv

I:\Autodownload\Running Seasons\American Horror Story\american.horror.story.s01e01.720p.hdtv.x264-orenji.mkv
                                                      american.horror.story.s01e02.720p.hdtv.x264-orenji.mkv
                                                      american.horror.story.s01e03.720p.hdtv.x264-orenji.mkv

filebot -get-subtitles "I:\Autodownload\Running Seasons\" --lang en
Will say no Video found

filebot -get-subtitles "I:\Autodownload\Running Seasons\American Dad\" --lang en
will work with the American dad episodes.

filebot -get-subtitles "I:\Autodownload\Running Seasons\" --lang en -non-strict
Will also say NO Videofiles

is there a way to scan subfolders or do I have to make one scann for each show?
rednoah
The Source

Re: My file structure does not seem to be accepted =)

Post by rednoah »

The simple CLI works folder by folder. Check out "Scripting and Automation" for what you wanna do.

This example script will do what u want:
http://filebot.sourceforge.net/data/shell/suball.groovy

This is the general info on FileBot scripting:
http://filebot.sourceforge.net/script.html

cheers,
--red
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
ztoner

Post by ztoner »

Yes I figured that out LATE last night 8-) thx for answer though...

Another problem NOT Filebot related, but maybe you can figure out a smart way to solve it?

I'm a MeediOS user http://www.meediOS.com we use (the)tvdb for our tv-show scrapper, but tvdb does not always follow "the scene".

Like in one of my favorites American Dad latest scene release is: American Dad S07E07 But tvdb have added another season to: American Dad S08E07 for the same episode :(
So every new American dad episode I have to manually change from S07 To S08 for the tvdb scrapper to pick the right episode :S

Was thinking if it would be possible run it with tv rage get:

American Dad S07E07 Season's Beatings 
but rename it to

American Dad - Season's Beatings 
then run tvdb with

American Dad - Season's Beatings 
hope it will pick up it as

American Dad S08E07 Season's Beatings 
I'll try this tonight =)

Btw, I can promote this wonder full program at our forum, if you like? Also give MeediOS a try, Its kind of stable now :P
we really need more coding people, feel free to drop by...

*** Richard ***
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

* Actually, doesn't that just work? When I only match the file "American Dad! - 7x07 - Season's Beatings" against TheTVDB data FileBot will it with "American Dad! - 8x07 - Season's Beatings".

Exact title match can override SxE match in certain situations depending on the whole set of files you're matching. Kinda think of not just matching one file with one episode but finding an optimal combinatory match set of files and episodes.

* 2-pass renaming like you suggested does also work very well. 1-pass will delete SxE information but add titles. 2-pass will match by title and re-add new SxE info.

* Another easy way would be to just modify the season in the format expression, i.e. S07E{e.pad(2)} or even S{(s+1).pad(2)} if you need to adjust season by +1 for all episodes.

PS: Telling people about this would be highly appreciated, at this point I need to get the app out there, it's already more advanced than anything else I've tried before (and found to be lacking).
ztoner

Post by ztoner »

ahh my wrong I just have American.Dad.S07E07.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION (origfile name) that's why tvdb grabs from the last season (I don't have the Episode title/name)

ohh nice to know about the "S07E{e.pad(2)} or even S{(s+1).pad(2)}" as you might noticed i'm not a programmer 8-)

as for movies does it use subscene also? a bit hard to se the text but as far as I can see i just uses open & sublight?
or do I run a second pass and force to use just subscene

I will wright something in the tips&tricks section at MeediOS then :P

And definitely this IS a powerful pice of program <3

*** Richard ***
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Format expressions are really powerful because it's really a full-fledged programming language, but expressions {...} will typically be very very simple so I think it'll be easy to pick up some tricks. Obviously {e+1} will work as you might expectd. ;) Hopefully we'll get a good set of examples together here in the forums so non-programmers can just copy & paste these kinda code snippets.

* By default-get-subtitles will only lookup subtitles by video hash, meaning you will get perfectly matching subtitles, provided the video hash is linked to a subtitle. Hash lookups are only supported by OpenSubtitles and Sublight.
* If you add -non-strict FileBot will also try to run a text search and match resulting subtitles by name. That'll work on all subtitle sources. I'll try to auto-select the best matching subtitle for your video but can't guarantee that it'll sync perfectly, just like if you're looking up subs via yourself :P

Set it globally for the script:

filebot -script suball.groovy -non-strict
or for a single call within the script:

getMissingSubtitles(dir:folder, strict:false)
btw with -get-subtitles you can't force the --db like with renaming, FileBot will just sequentially go through all the sources (most trusted first) until it's got subtitles for all your video files.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Alright, if the original file only has the SxE fields then I guess u can just first match via TVRage and then match again via TheTVDB. If the episode titles match up you might not even have to switch the format expression in between.