Moving to network drive/FTP

Any questions? Need some help?
jumbo

Moving to network drive/FTP

Post by jumbo »

Hey,

Im new here, but i have to say filebot makes me happy!

i have sorted everything out, my renaming is working properly and the folder structure is just how i want it. But i want my media stored on a network drive and i cant get that part to work. I have tried connecting thru the local drive (X: and Y:) but no luck. Tried connecting to FTP directly but that just made a wierd folder structure.. someone know how to get this to work?

Code: Select all

filebot -script fn:utorrent-postprocess "C:/Users/Nik/Downloads/uTorrent Downloads/Completed" --output "C:/Users/Nik/Downloads/uTorrent Downloads/Output" --def "seriesFormat=ftp://admin:[email protected]/Serier/{n}/Season {s}/{sxe} - {t}" "movieFormat=ftp://admin:[email protected]/Filmer/{n} ({y})/{n} ({y})" -non-strict --def xbmc=10.0.0.14
All help is greatly appreciated.. my torrent rss is going crazy, and i really need to clean up!
rednoah
The Source

Re: Moving to network drive/FTP

Post by rednoah »

You can't just use random protocols. Has to be a normal file path or UNC path.

Mapped drives should though. What's the console output?
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
jumbo

Post by jumbo »

yeah.. i figured that wouldent work, i just had to try.. I dont have the log right now ill post it later this evening, but the console says premission denied when moving files. is there a way to include login details? the network drive should connect to user:user

this was my original code:

filebot -script fn:utorrent-postprocess "C:/Users/Nik/Downloads/uTorrent Downloads/Completed" --output "C:/Users/Nik/Downloads/uTorrent Downloads/Output" --def "seriesFormat=X:/Serier/{n}/Season {s}/{sxe} - {t}" "movieFormat=Y:/Filmer/{n} ({y})/{n} ({y})" -non-strict --def xbmc=10.0.0.14
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I donno. Kind of a windows issue. As far as applications can see a mapped network drive is the same as a (really slow) normal drive.

I recommend using Windows shares instead of FTP. That should work better.
jumbo

Post by jumbo »

Ok.. the drive is all good now, but i seem to have one more problem... :\

call filebot -script fn:utorrent-postprocess "C:/Users/Nik/Downloads/uTorrent Downloads/Completed" --output "C:/Users/Nik/Downloads/uTorrent Downloads/Output" --action copy --conflict skip --db thetvdb --db imdb --def "seriesFormat=\\NASCB1040\Serier\{n}\Season {s}\{sxe} - {t}" "movieFormat=\\NASCB1040\Filmer\{n} ({y})\{n} ({y})" -non-strict --def xbmc=localhost gmail=xxxx:xxxx mailto=xxxx mailto=xxxx >> "c:\uTorrentCleanup\CleenupLog.log" 2>&1
the movies are copied as they should, but the script keeps including the old files with the new files. is it possible to append items in a list to be excluded from the script after it runs?

also.. a simple one im guessing.. what are theese for:
"ut_dir=%D" "ut_file=%F" "ut_kind=%K" "ut_title=%N" "ut_label=%L" "ut_state=%S"

thanks a bunch!
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Yeah, that's something you have to figure out somehow. Normally you'd use --action move so you don't need to track what has been copied and what hasn't.

The ut_* variables is input that uTorrent passes in when it runs on newly downloaded files. In that case we don't need to keep track of already copied files since uTorrent only runs the script on files that have just completed.

If you need to copy things then you best create a script that somehow checks what files need processing (maybe via text file) and then passes only those on to filebot (you can use multiple filepath arguments, doesn't need to be folders).