Files & Folder rename & subs folders

Any questions? Need some help?
boomish

Files & Folder rename & subs folders

Post by boomish »

I got Filebot via the app store a while ago but have yet to get it to work properly, having plex has meant I haven't had to rename much but I'd like to clean my Movie folder up as it's nearly 260 folders now.

I've got renaming folders & files going using {n}/{n} - {s00e00} - {t} [{airdate}]
Thats an improvement of dign the files then the folders separately :)
However, I started to get nfo files recognised as CD1/2 extenstions , it took me 2 hours to realise there are 2 "movieDB" in the Datasource choosing the send one sorted that. (just in case anyones been looking to fix that one)

However the other problem is the folder is copied and files moved, no problem I used the *dir*/sorted/{n}/{n} - {s00e00} - {t} [{airdate}]
Trouble is I have some "subs" folders within each movie folder and they don't get moved:( I could delete these as Plex sorts most subs automatically, but every now & again I have to dig out the rar files in the subs folder & load them up..)
So any help in adding to the script that will move a folder within an existing movie folder? I could use automator to empty all the contents into the movie folder first I suppose.

I'm on Mac OSX 10.12, Filebot 4.7.8
rednoah
The Source

Re: Files & Folder rename & subs folders

Post by rednoah »

I recommend using {plex} binding. That'll take care of all the special cases (e.g. special characters normalization, season folders, specials folder) that you haven't thought of yet:

Code: Select all

/path/to/Media/{plex}
:idea: {n}/{n} - {s00e00} - {t} is not well-named according to the Plex standard because it's missing the season folder.

Plex uses TheMovieDB. If you select OMDb in FileBot then Plex may not be able to make sense of the file names (e.g. release year is not necessarily the same in all databases).

There can only be one *.nfo file per movie. Unless you have the same movie multiple times in multiple folders with a unique *.nfo file each? But that wouldn't be allowed in the Plex naming standard. You can only have one *.nfo file per movie folder, and only one movie folder per movie, so one *.nfo must get dropped if you really do have two for the same movie.

What's the problem with subtitles? Do the subtitles not match the movie files? I don't know of any issues with "subs" folders.

e.g. this works:

Code: Select all

├── Avatar.2009.mp4
└── subs
    └── English.srt
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
boomish

Re: Files & Folder rename & subs folders

Post by boomish »

Wow thanks so much for this rednoah, dam yes I'd missed the plex binding doh..Great that works well and it's probably better to have the proper Plex path, I've been using a custom folder naming and Plex seems to find it ok.
/volumes/Studio/Media/{plex}
This works perfectly..
The trouble with the subs is they are in another folder with another sfv file, Filebot tries to rename the sfv file to the same name, I need to work out how to add an unrar subs.rar, ignore sfv and delete renaming folder..I have seen it somewhere in the forums so time to start digging:)