Page 1 of 1

Requesting a Licence

Posted: 01 Aug 2018, 19:56
by CSWinnall
Hi RedNoah

I have been using your excellent program for years but i have not had the need to post in the forums as i have always been able to find the answers there so i cant pm you.

I purchased FileBot from the windows store on 30th March 2017 but recently i have had to switch to Linux so i have just discovered your new licence model. I read that you might be giving Windows Store purchasers a 1 year licence if so i would really appreciate it just this once.

I look forward to hearing from you

CSWinnall

Re: Requesting a Licence

Posted: 01 Aug 2018, 20:06
by rednoah
Sure. Please PM me your Microsoft Store proof of purchase details (e.g. screenshots).

Re: Requesting a Licence

Posted: 05 Aug 2018, 23:10
by drsteveplatt
Hi,

I'm in the same boat. I purchased a license via the Microsoft Store on 3/2/18, and would like to xfer/use it on my Synology instead. (No license was required on Syn at that time so I purchased the MS license to support the product!)

Can you help? I can forward the transaction ID, emails, whatever...

Thanks,

Steve

Re: Requesting a Licence

Posted: 06 Aug 2018, 05:19
by rednoah
Sure, can you email or PM me a screenshot of your Microsoft Store purchase confirmation via Google Drive or Dropbox please? I'll also need Name + Email for issuing you a license.

Re: Requesting a Licence

Posted: 07 Aug 2018, 21:00
by killater
Hi!
I'm in the same boat I guess, I purchased a filebot in appStore, Now I've switched to windows and want to continue using Filebot.
But it appears that I cannot send you a PM with my proof of purchase, since I'm a newbie((( What should I do?

Re: Requesting a Licence

Posted: 21 Aug 2018, 17:37
by jalliot
Hello rednoah,
Same situation for me unfortunately (cannot PM you yet because of lack of post) but I'd be glad to send you proof of purchase in order to get the licence for my syno.
Thanks.

Re: Requesting a Licence

Posted: 22 Aug 2018, 01:34
by rednoah
Sure, I'll need name / email / purchase confirmation screenshot or pdf shared via google drive please.

Re: Requesting a Licence

Posted: 23 Aug 2018, 12:36
by mmatejcic
Dear RedNoah, i switched from Mac where I had a lifetime licence of FIlebot (purcahased via Mac store) to Windows PC and would like to transfer that licence to a PC. Please assist.

Re: Requesting a Licence

Posted: 23 Aug 2018, 17:30
by 2635599
i guess this is a good a place to post this as any. in the plex forum on redeit they suggest i pm rednoah to get a key so i can tryout filebot. i never got to test it when it was free cause since win 10 1803 it would never run, now with the latest version of filebot it actually runs but won't actually change the file names. so i'm requesting a temp code so i can actually test fb. i would of pm'ed but not having posted yest i could not. thanks

Re: Requesting a Licence

Posted: 24 Aug 2018, 06:16
by rednoah
mmatejcic wrote: 23 Aug 2018, 12:36 Dear RedNoah, i switched from Mac where I had a lifetime licence of FIlebot (purcahased via Mac store) to Windows PC and would like to transfer that licence to a PC. Please assist.
Read your PM. License sent.

Re: Requesting a Licence

Posted: 24 Aug 2018, 06:20
by rednoah
2635599 wrote: 23 Aug 2018, 17:30 i guess this is a good a place to post this as any. in the plex forum on redeit they suggest i pm rednoah to get a key so i can tryout filebot. i never got to test it when it was free cause since win 10 1803 it would never run, now with the latest version of filebot it actually runs but won't actually change the file names. so i'm requesting a temp code so i can actually test fb. i would of pm'ed but not having posted yest i could not. thanks
The new FileBot 4.8.2 release allows you to evaluate FileBot without a license:
https://www.filebot.net/#download

:idea: Actually moving / renaming files is not possible without a license, but that can't not work anyway. All the interesting bits like matching and custom formats can be evaluated to your hearts desire.

2635599 wrote: 23 Aug 2018, 17:30 won't actually change the file names
Are you perhaps using a custom format that ends with {fn} maybe?

Re: Requesting a Licence

Posted: 03 Sep 2018, 23:10
by stevenem
Hey rednoah, I haven't posted in the forums yet so I can't PM either. I purchased a license from the Mac App Store a while back. A few months later I got a Synology NAS, and set up Filebot to use there instead. Is it possible to transfer to a license I can use on the NAS?

Re: Requesting a Licence

Posted: 04 Sep 2018, 09:45
by rednoah
No. MAS purchases are independent of the new universal license system.

If you PM me your name / email / proof of purchase shared via gdrive then I can issue a free courtesy license.

Re: Requesting a Licence

Posted: 08 Sep 2018, 16:44
by DobbleG1000
Hi RedNoah

I purchased FileBot from the windows store on 8th March 2018 but recently switched to Linux and would like to request a license.

Thanks

DobbleG1000

Re: Requesting a Licence

Posted: 08 Sep 2018, 18:41
by rednoah
DobbleG1000 wrote: 08 Sep 2018, 16:44 Hi RedNoah

I purchased FileBot from the windows store on 8th March 2018 but recently switched to Linux and would like to request a license.

Thanks

DobbleG1000
If you PM me your name / email / proof of purchase shared via gdrive then I can issue a free courtesy license.

Re: Requesting a Licence

Posted: 20 Sep 2018, 05:49
by dmurphy
Hey I would like to get a license for linux too. I did purchase on the windows store. However I can't seem to PM you. Perhaps a post limit? Can you please PM me?

Re: Requesting a Licence

Posted: 20 Sep 2018, 05:50
by rednoah
Now that you have 1 public post, you can PM me name / email / proof of purchase (png / pdf shared via gdrive).

Re: Requesting a Licence

Posted: 24 Sep 2018, 02:01
by kanutten
hi, I did a purchase from appstore, a lifetime licence of Filebot (via Mac store 15.december 2015) to Windows PC and would like to transfer that licence to a pc . please help

Re: Requesting a Licence

Posted: 24 Sep 2018, 02:57
by rednoah
Transferring licenses from Apple / Microsoft owned platforms is not possible. I can offer a complimentary 1 year universal license though. PM me name / email / proof of purchase (png / pdf shared via gdrive).

Re: Requesting a Licence

Posted: 27 Sep 2018, 18:28
by benesuddy5057
Hello,

I have purchased FileBot from the Microsoft Store on 7th May 2018 and it was working perfectly. But I had to reinstall my Windows 10 last week and since, I can't install FileBot from the Microsoft Store anymore. It's still marked as purchased but I have each time an error 0x80070005.
I saw that now we can buy a license for a version out of the Microsoft Store, I would like to know if I could have my license for this version to finally be able to reuse this great software?

I have the invoice of my purchase on the Microsoft Store if you need proof :)

Thank you in advance,
Benesuddy.

Re: Requesting a Licence

Posted: 28 Sep 2018, 03:19
by rednoah
Sure. Please PM me name / email / proof of purchase (png / pdf shared via gdrive).

Re: Requesting a Licence

Posted: 02 Oct 2018, 23:04
by poppyq
Posting so I can DM you my MS license in exchange for one that works with my Synology.

Re: Requesting a Licence

Posted: 03 Oct 2018, 08:13
by rednoah
Sent.

Re: Requesting a Licence

Posted: 03 Oct 2018, 12:40
by darkgreen
Hi there!

I purchased the filebot on the mac appstore a long time ago and i'm very happy with it, i'm new to this forum because i never felt the need to be here but now i'm switching back to windows OS. is it possible to request for a license for windows 10? unfortunately i can not send PMs yet

TIA

Re: Requesting a Licence

Posted: 03 Oct 2018, 12:43
by rednoah
Yes, you may request a complimentary 1 year universal license. Please PM me your name / gmail / MAS proof of purchase details (preferably shared via gdrive).

:idea: PMs are enabled now you have at least 1 public post.

Re: Requesting a Licence

Posted: 09 Oct 2018, 16:10
by realper
Hi there.

I've purchased through the Microsoft store, and would like to try it on my VPS.

It doesn't have microsoft store unforunately.

Can I have a trial license, to see if it works?

Re: Requesting a Licence

Posted: 09 Oct 2018, 17:13
by rednoah
Yes, please PM me your name / gmail / MS Store purchase confirmation (shared via gdrive). That being said, you can evaluate FileBot without a license.

Re: Requesting a Licence

Posted: 23 Oct 2018, 04:40
by networkcrasher
Posting to get PM access

Re: Requesting a Licence

Posted: 05 Nov 2018, 04:15
by siege9929
Also posting to get PM access. Will PM Windows store license info.

Re: Requesting a Licence

Posted: 07 Nov 2018, 11:20
by manny
Hi there.
I've also purchased through the Microsoft store and would like to use on linux

Re: Requesting a Licence

Posted: 07 Nov 2018, 14:14
by rednoah
Yes, please PM me your name / gmail / MS Store purchase confirmation (shared via gdrive).

Re: Requesting a Licence

Posted: 08 Nov 2018, 06:59
by rednoah
manny wrote: 07 Nov 2018, 11:20 Hi there.
I've also purchased through the Microsoft store and would like to use on linux
Sent.

Re: Requesting a Licence

Posted: 09 Nov 2018, 17:18
by ToxicCoolaid
I also Have purchased from the Microsoft store. My FileBot was on a computer that died. May I send you my information for a new license?

Re: Requesting a Licence

Posted: 09 Nov 2018, 18:32
by rednoah
ToxicCoolaid wrote: 09 Nov 2018, 17:18 I also Have purchased from the Microsoft store. My FileBot was on a computer that died. May I send you my information for a new license?
If you have purchased FileBot from the Microsoft Store, then you can simply install FileBot via the Microsoft Store, as long as you log in with the same Microsoft account, no standalone / universal / direct license required.

Re: Requesting a Licence

Posted: 09 Nov 2018, 23:27
by qwertymaster
jalliot wrote: 21 Aug 2018, 17:37 Hello rednoah,
Same situation for me unfortunately (cannot PM you yet because of lack of post) but I'd be glad to send you proof of purchase in order to get the licence for my syno.
Thanks.
I am also in this same situation. How can I get this information to you? I am able to provide email used when purchasing app through Microsoft store and my confirmation of purchase email.

Thanks

Re: Requesting a Licence

Posted: 12 Nov 2018, 20:10
by nicholasrjclarke
Hi, I purchased filebot through the microsoft store but also have a Mac that I would now like to use it on. I see that it says you only need one licence to use it on both. is it possible please to get a licence that would work on my mac so I don't end up paying twice?
Thanks in advance

Re: Requesting a Licence

Posted: 24 Nov 2018, 21:44
by zze
Also moving from Windows to Linux. Sending PM

Re: Requesting a Licence

Posted: 22 Dec 2018, 12:45
by genehil
I purchased a lifetime license directly from the filebot site two years ago but due to a crash, I no longer have my license info. Is it possible to resend my license into via email?

Re: Requesting a Licence

Posted: 22 Dec 2018, 19:05
by rednoah
The new license system was introduced ~4 months ago. Please send me a PNG / PDF of your purchase confirmation.

Re: Requesting a Licence

Posted: 23 Dec 2018, 01:30
by genehil
I was hoping you could check using my email address... (I have looked everywhere in my GMail but to no avai) But if not, MyBad... If it cannot be recovered, I'll just register another lifetime.

Please Advise,
Gene Hilsheimer

Re: Requesting a Licence

Posted: 23 Dec 2018, 03:21
by rednoah
I could look into it, but I'll need more information, since I have no idea what you purchased. Maybe purchased via the Windows Store? Maybe a PayPal donation for the old donation-ware version?

The new universal license model wasn't introduced until mid-2018 so if its indeed 2 years ago, then you couldn't have purchased a universal license.

Re: Requesting a Licence

Posted: 23 Dec 2018, 20:47
by genehil
It was probably in early January or February 2017 I would guess. I built a Plex server around that time and found a need to be able to rename my files the easy way, using your FileBot. If you can't find it using my email address (The same one I registered for the forums with) then not big sweat. I will reorder a universal and chalk it up to experience... and keep better notes.

Re: Requesting a Licence

Posted: 23 Dec 2018, 20:52
by rednoah
Oh well, it's Xmas, so just hit me up with name + gmail for a complimentary license:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9517

Re: Requesting a Licence

Posted: 09 Jan 2019, 18:19
by marcusl
Purchased it back in 2014 through the MAS. Id still like to use it on mac, but the version I bought isn't available to download in the store anymore

Re: Requesting a Licence

Posted: 10 Jan 2019, 04:20
by rednoah
FileBot on the Mac App Store has always been available and has never been changed or made unavailable, so if you've purchased it, then that'll be stored in your Apple account, and you'll be able to install it anytime as long as you're logged in with the same Apple account that made the purchase:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/filebot ... 4638?mt=12

Re: Requesting a Licence

Posted: 11 Jan 2019, 19:04
by AinsWorth
I have also purchased filebot through Microsoft store. Switching to Linux shortly. Can I also get my key?

Re: Requesting a Licence

Posted: 12 Jan 2019, 01:33
by rednoah
Yes, please PM me your name / gmail / MS Store purchase confirmation (shared via gdrive).

Re: Requesting a Licence

Posted: 29 Jan 2019, 20:05
by rednoah
Yes, please PM me your name / gmail / MS Store purchase confirmation (shared via gdrive).

Re: Requesting a Licence

Posted: 31 Jan 2019, 17:29
by rednoah
AinsWorth wrote: 11 Jan 2019, 19:04 I have also purchased filebot through Microsoft store. Switching to Linux shortly. Can I also get my key?
Sent.

Re: Requesting a Licence

Posted: 04 Feb 2019, 20:44
by blackice00
I purchased through the Microsoft Store and would like to grab a key. Thanks!

Re: Requesting a Licence

Posted: 05 Feb 2019, 04:53
by rednoah
blackice00 wrote: 04 Feb 2019, 20:44 I purchased through the Microsoft Store and would like to grab a key. Thanks!
Sent.

Re: Requesting a Licence

Posted: 16 Jun 2019, 00:23
by TxDuctTape
rednoah wrote: 06 Aug 2018, 05:19 Sure, can you email or PM me a screenshot of your Microsoft Store purchase confirmation via Google Drive or Dropbox please? I'll also need Name + Email for issuing you a license.
Ditto. PM'ing after this post

Re: Requesting a Licence

Posted: 28 Jun 2019, 11:30
by Sweep
Hey, just putting in my first post for the universal license key. So that i can PM you!

Re: Requesting a Licence

Posted: 09 Jul 2019, 06:54
by cruzanhtpc
Public Post in order to PM and request a license from Windows to my Synology. Thanks

Re: Requesting a Licence

Posted: 09 Jul 2019, 07:36
by rednoah
Sent.

Re: Requesting a Licence

Posted: 01 Aug 2019, 02:42
by chorinator
rednoah wrote: 09 Oct 2018, 17:13 Yes, please PM me your name / gmail / MS Store purchase confirmation (shared via gdrive). That being said, you can evaluate FileBot without a license.
Can't PM because I just registered.
I need to recover my license as well.
I used [email protected] to make the purchase.

Re: Requesting a Licence

Posted: 01 Aug 2019, 08:53
by rednoah
chorinator wrote: 01 Aug 2019, 02:42
rednoah wrote: 09 Oct 2018, 17:13 Yes, please PM me your name / gmail / MS Store purchase confirmation (shared via gdrive). That being said, you can evaluate FileBot without a license.
Can't PM because I just registered.
I need to recover my license as well.
I used [email protected] to make the purchase.
Did you purchase FileBot directly via this website, or via the Microsoft Store?

If you have purchased via the Microsoft Store, then there is no license file that can be recovered, as your purchases are stored in your Microsoft account. If you install via the Microsoft Store, the Store will take care of everything, so you don't have nor need a license.

Re: Requesting a Licence

Posted: 07 Sep 2019, 21:52
by keenguy
me too

Re: Requesting a Licence

Posted: 10 Sep 2019, 06:53
by rednoah
keenguy wrote: 07 Sep 2019, 21:52me too
Sent.

Re: Requesting a Licence

Posted: 02 Oct 2019, 20:27
by happyfilebotuser
I purchased through the Microsoft Store and would like to grab a key. Thanks!

Re: Requesting a Licence

Posted: 08 Oct 2019, 12:20
by davemccreath
G'Day

Purchased FB from MS Store back in 2017 (February 22nd). Needed to re-install this morning and all I get via the MS Store download is a 0x80070005 error. Now stuck! Any ideas?

Image

Regards

Dave

Re: Requesting a Licence

Posted: 08 Oct 2019, 14:22
by kim
This is a windows store problem... so nothing to do with filebot
so search 0x80070005 windows store
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=0x80070005+wi ... fcm&ia=web

Re: Requesting a Licence

Posted: 08 Oct 2019, 16:51
by rednoah
Logging off and on again within the Windows Store application is sometimes a solution for a variety of issues. Might work. Might not.

Google is your best friend when it comes to Microsoft Store issues. But contacting Microsoft Support is also worth a try, since it's ultimately an issue on their end.

Re: Requesting a Licence

Posted: 23 Oct 2019, 02:42
by Unitedsteve
I would like to request a license. I will include my purchase info form the apple store, but have now moved to linux.

Re: Requesting a Licence

Posted: 23 Oct 2019, 05:32
by rednoah
Unitedsteve wrote: 23 Oct 2019, 02:42 I would like to request a license. I will include my purchase info form the apple store, but have now moved to linux.
Sent.

Re: Requesting a Licence

Posted: 22 Mar 2020, 17:40
by tipsyhitman
I would like to request a license for Linux. Will PM microsoft store proof of purchase.

Re: Requesting a Licence

Posted: 23 Mar 2020, 04:48
by rednoah
tipsyhitman wrote: 22 Mar 2020, 17:40 I would like to request a license for Linux. Will PM microsoft store proof of purchase.
Please include name + email in your PM:
viewtopic.php?t=9517