Supported Platforms

Any questions? Need some help?
CrypticOne

Supported Platforms

Post by CrypticOne »

Heya Rednoah,

I got upgrade notifications on my Win32 system and an rpi that was running the old armhf build. I was excited to see that more platforms are supported again. I guess I really didn't check the platforms before I purchased my lifetime licence.

Any plans to support these again or Is there a way to suppress the update notifications?
rednoah
The Source

Re: Supported Platforms

Post by rednoah »

All common platforms are supported. What platform are you asking about specifically?

Windows (x86) and Windows (x86_64) are fully supported.

Linux (armhf) and Linux (aarch64) are fully supported: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6057
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
CrypticOne

Post by CrypticOne »

I am probably being dense.

The website lists two builds for Windows:

Windows Installer: FileBot_4.8.2_x64.msi (Won't Install on Windows 10 32bit)
Windows Portable ZIP: FileBot_4.8.2-portable.zip (requires Java 10). ( I was unable to find a download for Oracle Java10 for Win32)

Good to know the portable version works on armhf. I know on Sourceforge there was a build as a .deb for armhf that I used in the past. "filebot_4.7.9_armhf.deb" I was looking for a new armhf build.

Any chance that we will see an updated deb package? Should I remove the deb package before installing the portable version? Will the portable version install icons in my menus to run?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I see. You're talking about Windows (x86), also known as 32-bit Windows.

For historic reasons, Windows has various components with 32 in the name, such as the Win32 subsystem, Shell32, Kernel32, etc but none of that refers to 32-bit as it's all the same on 64-bit Windows for compatibility reasons.

You can find 32-bit MSI build here:
https://get.filebot.net/filebot/HEAD/

The FileBot 4.8.2 release doesn't include a 32-bit MSI build because 32-bit Windows hasn't really been a thing since 2008-ish. How is this still a thing? :lol:

There will be no updated Debian packages for ARM platforms, as the TAR package already covers all Linux systems including Debian. Besides, ARM-based Linux systems generally don't run on something Debian-based. It's probably just Raspbian.
CrypticOne

Post by CrypticOne »

This machine was purchased new in 2015 with Windows 8.1

"Some low-powered netbooks or small notebooks might not support 64bit Windows. They might be limited to Windows 8.1 x86, with some of them upgradeable to Windows 10 x86"

Should I remove the deb package before installing the portable version? Will the portable version install icons in my menus to run?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I see. You're actually using a GUI on that little Pi?

The TAR package will indeed not install icons and desktop files. You can however launch the GUI by running filebot (without arguments) in the console.
CrypticOne

Post by CrypticOne »

Yea full GUI. It uses so little power. The 3 B+ boards are great little workhorses.