Filebot Crashes windows 10 - WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error

Any questions? Need some help?
dinojimmy

Filebot Crashes windows 10 - WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error

Post by dinojimmy »

Hello,

I bought filebot from windows store, and i've had trouble using it ever since i got it, at first it used to operate strangely, such as open outside of the monitor and i'd have to drag it into view, otherwise after the first set of files that were renamed, it would stop working or crashing windows. However, now it's gotten to a point where as soon as i attempt to open the software, it crashes windows 10 with the WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error. I'm not certain what's causing this.

My OS Build is Windows 10 Home 17134.228

I've tried finding "Filebot Console" i'm not sure what that's referring to because all i get when i look up filebot is "Filebot Windows Trusted App"

Thanks
rednoah
The Source

Re: Filebot Crashes windows 10 - WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error

Post by rednoah »

Sorry, this particular error has never been reported before:

Code: Select all

WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error
You might via some possible solutions if you Google this error message and try a few things. Doing a full Windows factory reset always works, but is understandably a last resort.

Some strange errors can be caused by system software that interferes with Windows, such as anti-virus / firewall / etc or anything that interferes with system drivers.

Run filebot -script fn:sysinfo and post the output refers to opening Windows CMD and then calling the filebot command-line tool. This may sometimes show errors and give us clues.

In the meanwhile, I can offer you a complimentary license for the non-Store license, which may or may not work better on your system. Please PM me your name + email + Store purchase confirmation (preferably shared via gdrive) so I can issue one for you.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
dinojimmy

Post by dinojimmy »

Here's the result of the sysinfo

When i tried to run filebot.exe from CMD, the system crashed again, and i got the Uncorrectable error.

I will PM you the information.
Travid

Post by Travid »

I also get this exact error. It worked fine. I looked up some tv shows and renamed them then renamed a tv show. Closed the app down and opened it a few minutes later and got a blue screen. Now any time I try to open it it crashes my computer.
Tried running the -script command and that crashed my computer, too.
Edited: I bought it through Paddle.com
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error would indicate a severe Windows problem, completely unrelated to FileBot or any specific piece of software. Maybe your hard drive is dying. Maybe your CPU is overheating. You will find a lot of troubleshooting advice via Google, but it's anyone's guess what solution might work for you. Could be a Windows software problem. Could be a hardware problem.

:arrow: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... tableerror

filebot -script fn:sysinfo output would be appreciated.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.