AMC and movies not in TMDB

Any questions? Need some help?
magnulu

AMC and movies not in TMDB

Post by magnulu »

In my quest for automation I have encountered a problem when it comes to files not in TMDB. I cannot seem to tell AMC to use IMDB as the db.

The movie in question is this: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1018691/

I have tried to add the IMDB id to the filename as suggested in another post, without luck. Also tried to create a movie.nfo with IMDB id information, to no avail. Is it possible to make filebot to recognize this movie? How?

Running in cli..

Thanks in advance for any help!
rednoah
The Source

Re: AMC and movies not in TMDB

Post by rednoah »

Can't use two DBs in combination. You'll have to do some preprocessing yourself and the decide what to run through IMDb and what to run through TMDB.

So easier to just add it to TMDB. ;)
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
magnulu

Post by magnulu »

Thanks for the answer. Can i pass '--db imdb' as an argument when running with the amc script? Have been trying, but the movie does not get detected. Also with imdbid in the filename.

So yes; probably easier to add it to TMDB ;-) There should exist some "thing" that does this automagically? I guess I am not the first that dreads the thought of entering information manually when it is probably possible to extract and add via imdb/tmdb API!
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Well... I'd be afraid of people entering data automatically, that'd probably mess up there database big time. :D

If IMDbID is in the filename it's gonna be used for detection. But it's still gonna look it up on your chosen datasource. If TMDB doesn't know the IMDbID it's still gonna fail. If you use IMDb datasource with IMDbIDs in filenames it'll always work (unless the id is wrong).
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.