Command line rename using previous rename data

Any questions? Need some help?
j0hncramer

Command line rename using previous rename data

Post by j0hncramer »

Hi there I've been using Filebot for a while now and have recently started using the command line functionality to try and setup my anime downloads to automatically rename to my desired formatting with a batch file. The problem I am having is that I will see filebot will attempt to use the previously searched series name to try and search the current series by. This causes my file for 1 series to incorrectly be renamed as being in another series. Here is my particular example of this recurring problem:

Folder path: D:\Downloads\Anime2
Filename: [HorribleSubs] Hunter X Hunter - 93 [720p].mkv

I run the following commands on the folder:

Code: Select all

filebot -rename D:/Downloads/Anime2/ --db anidb -non-strict
        filebot -rename D:/Downloads/Anime2/ --db thetvdb --format "{n} - {s00e00} - {t}" -non-strict
Which renames the file to Hunter x Hunter (2011) - 93 - Date x With x Palm.mkv and then to Hunter x Hunter (2011) - S02E35 - Date x With x Palm.mkv

This works flawlessly so far. Then to debug my batch file I change the filename of this file to: [HorribleSubs] Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi - 07 [720p].mkv

I run the same commands again and filebot still thinks I am working with Hunter X Hunter by renaming first to Hunter x Hunter (2011) - 07 - Showdown x On The x Airship.mkv and then to Hunter x Hunter (2011) - S01E07 - Showdown x On The x Airship.mkv

When I look at the command line it looks like it is searching by both shows at once and for some reason is deciding that even though Hunter X Hunter is no where in the filename it renames it based on that show anyhow and discards Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi. Is there anyway to get Filebot to ignore the data from my previous search when making a determination as to what show I am trying to pull data for? (I know I can force it to search by a particular show if I use --q, however since I am trying to automate this I would rather not have to have a --q for every series to prevent them from pulling data from an unrelated series)

Code: Select all

D:\Downloads\Anime2>filebot -rename D:/Downloads/Anime2/ --db anidb -non-strict
Rename episodes using [AniDB]
Auto-detected query: [Hunter x Hunter (2011), Hunter X Hunter]
Fetching episode data for [Hunter x Hunter (2011)]
Fetching episode data for [Hunter x Hunter]
Fetching episode data for [Hunter x Hunter (1999)]
[MOVE] Rename [D:\Downloads\Anime2\[HorribleSubs] Hunter X Hunter - 93.mkv] to [
Hunter x Hunter (2011) - 93 - Date x With x Palm.mkv]
Processed 1 files
Done ?(?????)?

D:\Downloads\Anime2>filebot -rename D:/Downloads/Anime2/ --db thetvdb --format "
{n} - {s00e00} - {t}" -non-strict
Rename episodes using [TheTVDB]
Auto-detected query: [Hunter x Hunter (2011), Hunter x Hunter]
Fetching episode data for [Hunter X Hunter]
[MOVE] Rename [D:\Downloads\Anime2\Hunter x Hunter (2011) - 93 - Date x With x P
alm.mkv] to [Hunter x Hunter (2011) - S02E35 - Date x With x Palm.mkv]
Processed 1 files
Done ?(?????)?

D:\Downloads\Anime2>filebot -rename D:/Downloads/Anime2/ --db anidb -non-strict
Rename episodes using [AniDB]
Auto-detected query: [Hunter x Hunter (2011), Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi]
Fetching episode data for [Hunter x Hunter]
Fetching episode data for [Hunter x Hunter (1999)]
Fetching episode data for [Kami-sama no Inai Nichiyoubi]
[MOVE] Rename [D:\Downloads\Anime2\[HorribleSubs] Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi -
07 [720p].mkv] to [Hunter x Hunter (2011) - 07 - Showdown x On The x Airship.mkv
]
Processed 1 files
Done ?(?????)?

D:\Downloads\Anime2>filebot -rename D:/Downloads/Anime2/ --db thetvdb --format "
{n} - {s00e00} - {t}" -non-strict
Rename episodes using [TheTVDB]
Auto-detected query: [Hunter x Hunter (2011), Hunter x Hunter]
Fetching episode data for [Hunter X Hunter]
[MOVE] Rename [D:\Downloads\Anime2\Hunter x Hunter (2011) - 07 - Showdown x On T
he x Airship.mkv] to [Hunter x Hunter (2011) - S01E07 - Showdown x On The x Airs
hip.mkv]
Processed 1 files
Done ?(?????)?
rednoah
The Source

Re: Command line rename using previous rename data

Post by rednoah »

After the first rename op your files will be tagged. Search the forums for xattr for more info.

For testing use either --action test or -no-xattr which will disable reading/writing meta attributes.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
j0hncramer

Re: Command line rename using previous rename data

Post by j0hncramer »

rednoah wrote:After the first rename op your files will be tagged. Search the forums for xattr for more info.

For testing use either --action test or -no-xattr which will disable reading/writing meta attributes.
Awesome info thank you! I was trying to search the board but I just didn't know what to search for so I wasn't really getting anywhere on how to keep it from behaving that way.