Monthly log files

Any questions? Need some help?
part timer

Monthly log files

Post by part timer »

I use filebot a lot and so by now I have a lot of different log files and try to break them up monthly. Now when I call it with a batch file or from utorrent I finish with logfile directory that has the current month in it and I manually change the month (when I remember to update it).

I'm wondering the easiest way to do this automatically. I would love to change it to $month or something in the filename, but I'm guessing that wouldn't have anything to do with filebot and actually is the command prompt instead, correct?

Then I need to try and google and find the easiest way to do that in command prompt (so many people have different ideas on this, wow). Now I'm realizing though that even after all the experimentation it will take to do this, I'll possibly need another solution to call it directly from utorrent. Maybe calling a batch file instead and doing it all in the batch; but then I need to get the utorrent parameters in there..... aye aye aye...
rednoah
The Source

Re: Monthly log files

Post by rednoah »

Basically u can specify a log file via --log-file 01.log or something. Now that parameter can be passed in dynamically through some cmd/bash scripting. So some script that is calling filebot with the log-file for the current month.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.