Filebot AMC questions

Any questions? Need some help?
mrbucket101
Power User

Filebot AMC questions

Post by mrbucket101 »

first things first. I love filebot, and the pre-written scripts fetched from the github...its just amazing and I really appreciate everything filebot does.

With that said, I am running Ubuntu Server 14.04 w/ rTorrent +ruTorrent and with the AMC script, and so far it has worked flawlessly.

Code: Select all

filebot -version
FileBot 4.1 (r2245) / OpenJDK Runtime Environment 1.7.0_55 (headless)
I just have a couple questions that I was hoping someone could clear up.

1) --def "ignore=Apps|Games|World Cup|eBooks|ebooks". I looked in the AMC thread, and this is a standard regex ignore on the filepath. Do I need to use wildcards in order for this to take effect? Should I be using this instead "ignore=*(Apps|Games|World Cup|ebooks)*/i"

2) --def "xbmc=host". Is there anyway that this update can be done in a separate processing thread, or maybe even add an additional flag to skip waiting for a response from XBMC? I am not intimately familiar with telnet, or what not. So it may not even be possible. But I have noticed that when calling filebot with the xbmc flag enabled, the program will proceed to wait for a response from the XBMC host, and if the XBMC host is not on, then it takes a while for this to error out, before filebot continues processing.

3) I have noticed that while filebot is processing, after being called once a file has finished, that ruTorrent stops updating for the duration of the execution. I have screen installed on my server, and was wondering if anyone has used screen to call filebot in the background. I beleive rTorrent is waiting for the script to finish being executed, before resuming normal operations, which would explain why ruTorrent stops updating.

I was thinking something along these lines

Code: Select all

system.method.set_key=event.download.finished,filebot_amc,"execute={/usr/bin/screen -dm /home/hollanbm/rtorrent/rtorrent-postprocess,$d.get_base_path=,$d.get_name=,$d.get_custom1=}"
Do you think this would work in the way that I am hoping?
rednoah
The Source

Re: Filebot AMC questions

Post by rednoah »

1. A substring match is fine, and it's case-insensitive by default now. So no need for wildcards. FYI you mean .* since * is just a quantifier.

2. No idea. The default timeout shouldn't be too bad though.

3. Best to get an official answer from the rtorrent developers. Doesn't my glue logic script start filebot as background job & anyway?
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.