Filebot Anime AMC & XBMC

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
Alaek

Filebot Anime AMC & XBMC

Post by Alaek »

This one is a doozy:

Hello everyone I've been using file-bot for my xbmc library for quite some time and so far the AMC has been working out perfectly. Though unfortunately now that I've started to watch a lot more anime I'm starting too see Filebot and XBMC do not like to get along together. For scraping anime I use AniDb on XBMC, now it scrapes the shows but never the episodes inside the folders.

Since the AMC splits Anime & TV shows up into separate folders I use AniDB for anime and TVDB for the rest. Now when I finish a download and the AMC script runs and scrapes the new anime episode and put's it inside the anime folder XBMC does not detect the episode and does not pick it up. Now if I do nothing but put the anime folder into my TV shows folder that uses TVDB and then manually rename the files with file-bot using TVDB XBMC detects them perfectly. But if I just leave it to AMC then it doesn't do it right and XBMC doesn't like it :(

The most particular anime this stands out on at least for me is: Hunter X hunter

For XBMC to pick it up I have to put the shows into these random season folders. The only way I figured out what eps go into what season is by testing how many episodes get picked up in till the rest don't then go to S2 and repeat. It isn't isolated to this anime too, with all of them if I rename them manually with filebot using TVDB and put it inside TV Shows instead of anime then XBMC picks up everything right, so I guess my real question is: Is it possible to edit AMC (like download it and use it locally as I'm just using the default code since I'm really newb at this stuff) to only use TVDB for all non movie related media?

My naming Scheme:
{n}.S{(episode.season ? s : 1).pad(2)}E{e.pad(2)}.{t}
Thanks for reading
rednoah
The Source

Re: Filebot Anime AMC & XBMC

Post by rednoah »

Anime / TV Shows is completely different. So you just need to make sure that TV Shows is matched against TheTVDB and Anime is matched against AniDB.

Artificially adding a S1 is a VERY BAD IDEA. Since that'll neither match TheTVDB SxE numbers nor absolute numbers. Likewise AniDB has no concept of seasons. Basically don't override my default formats. If you do, it'll probably become less scraper-friendly.

PS: Check the XBMC forums how to best do Anime libraries (i.e. absolute-numbers AniDB scraper)
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Alaek

Post by Alaek »

rednoah wrote:Anime / TV Shows is completely different. So you just need to make sure that TV Shows is matched against TheTVDB and Anime is matched against AniDB.

Artificially adding a S1 is a VERY BAD IDEA. Since that'll neither match TheTVDB SxE numbers nor absolute numbers. Likewise AniDB has no concept of seasons. Basically don't override my default formats. If you do, it'll probably become less scraper-friendly.

PS: Check the XBMC forums how to best do Anime libraries (i.e. absolute-numbers AniDB scraper)
How come when I just let the default amc script do it's job XBMC doesn't pick up any episodes either?(This isn't just 1 computer either, I've simulated this on different PCs too)
If I just leave it be with AMC, XBMC doesn't pick the episodes up? It acknowledges the show and it's added to my library but not the episodes. Then if I just use filebot to rename the media file using TVDB then move it from the anime folder to my TV shows folder everything works? That's the part I'm having trouble understanding: AMC picks it up and renames it using Anidb, puts it inside the Anime folder which XBMC is using Anidb to scan. Then it proceeds to only pick up the show and not any files inside the folder. As I've said, if I do it manually and use filebot/TVDB -> TV shows folder which XBMC is using TVDB to pick up everything is fine. Why is this?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I don't think XBMC supports Anime by default. Just happens to pick them up as if they were TV Shows.

@see http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=An ... he_library
Alaek

Post by Alaek »

rednoah wrote:I don't think XBMC supports Anime by default. Just happens to pick them up as if they were TV Shows.

@see http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=An ... he_library
Then I ask again, is it possible for me to edit the amc script to only use TVDB for everything? Since that way XBMC is happy.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Yes. That's always a possibility. Feel free to clone my scripts repo from GitHub.

But you should know that XBMC requires SxE numbers, and that if your episodes come with absolute numbers converting from one to the other is not reliable (due to TheTVDB not being up-to-date with absolute numbers data).
Alaek

Post by Alaek »

rednoah wrote:Yes. That's always a possibility. Feel free to clone my scripts repo from GitHub.

But you should know that XBMC requires SxE numbers, and that if your episodes come with absolute numbers converting from one to the other is not reliable (due to TheTVDB not being up-to-date with absolute numbers data).
Alright, I managed to get everything working now.

The last problem I have is how do I edit the naming scheme that filebot uses when a torrent finishes from utorrent? I'd like it to use the same naming scheme as I have if I use the GUI. Is this possible without editing AMC? Or do I have to edit AMC to do this?

Also thanks for the help :)
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Read the Change how files will be organized and renamed section => http://www.filebot.net/forums/viewtopic ... =215#p1561
Alaek

Post by Alaek »

rednoah wrote:Read the Change how files will be organized and renamed section => http://www.filebot.net/forums/viewtopic ... =215#p1561

Thanks for the help. Unfortunately I'm really really newb at this sort of thing, if I wanted to use what I use inside filebot:

Code: Select all

{n}.S{(episode.season ? s : 1).pad(2)}E{e.pad(2)}.{t}
into:
"animeFormat=X:/Anime/{n}/{fn}"
I'm going to assume it's more complicated then copy and pasting right?

sorry if I'm asking too much :(
I'm such a needy person
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Have you tried just copy and pasting? Since your format doesn't contain any " it is gonna be that easy.
Alaek

Post by Alaek »

Alright it worked out perfectly.

Thanks for all you help broseph, :)