Use parent Folder to search for movie name

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
Gutz-Pilz
Power User

Use parent Folder to search for movie name

Post by Gutz-Pilz »

hi there,

first of all: I LOVE FILEBOT. amazing piece of Code!

but in 10-20% of the case it wont find a movie name.
i found that filebot is using the filename to lookup and find the correct title of the movie.

my downloaded stuff is organized:
../downloads/The Return of the First Avenger (2014) IMDb 8.1/some.special.rlsgroup.bullshit.x264.mkv

my Question:
is it possible to use the folder for the lookup

(i parse "../downloads/The Return of the First Avenger (2014) IMDb 8.1/" as input to filebot)

thanks in advance
Gutz-Pilz

PS: (scripts for pyLoad)
https://github.com/Gutz-Pilz/pyLoad-stuff
rednoah
The Source

Re: Use parent Folder to search for movie name

Post by rednoah »

FileBot does use the Folder, and the File, and the whole path, and xattr metadata, and a fair amount of random guessing.

Works:

Code: Select all

Input: /Users/reinhard/dev/AMC-TEST/The Return of the First Avenger (2014) IMDb 8.1/some.special.rlsgroup.bullshit.x264.mkv
some.special.rlsgroup.bullshit.x264.mkv [series: Alias, movie: Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)]
Exclude Series: Alias
Group: [tvs:null, mov:captain america the winter soldier 2014, anime:null] => [some.special.rlsgroup.bullshit.x264.mkv]
Rename movies using [TheMovieDB]
Auto-detect movie from context: [/Users/reinhard/dev/AMC-TEST/The Return of the First Avenger (2014) IMDb 8.1/some.special.rlsgroup.bullshit.x264.mkv]
Stripping invalid characters from new path: Movies/Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)/Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
[COPY] Rename [/Users/reinhard/dev/AMC-TEST/The Return of the First Avenger (2014) IMDb 8.1/some.special.rlsgroup.bullshit.x264.mkv] to [/Users/reinhard/dev/output/Movies/Captain America The Winter Soldier (2014)/Captain America The Winter Soldier (2014).mkv]
Processed 1 files
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
lixxbox

Post by lixxbox »

For me it doesn't work.
The AMC script detects the name from the path, but the result is wrong. The Client List vs. The Client.

server:~ user$ filebot -script fn:amc --output ~/Desktop/filebot --log-file ~/Desktop/filebot/amc.log --action test -non-strict /Users/user/Desktop/The.Client.List.S01E01.Neustart.mit.Happy.Ending.GERMAN.DUBBED.720p.WebHD.h264-euHD/euhd-client-s01e01-720p.mkv 
Locking /Users/user/Desktop/filebot/amc.log
Argument: /Users/user/Desktop/The.Client.List.S01E01.Neustart.mit.Happy.Ending.GERMAN.DUBBED.720p.WebHD.h264-euHD/euhd-client-s01e01-720p.mkv
Input: /Users/user/Desktop/The.Client.List.S01E01.Neustart.mit.Happy.Ending.GERMAN.DUBBED.720p.WebHD.h264-euHD/euhd-client-s01e01-720p.mkv
Group: [tvs:The Client List] => [euhd-client-s01e01-720p.mkv]
Rename episodes using [TheTVDB]
Auto-detected query: [The Client List, euhd client, client]
Fetching episode data for [The Client List]
Fetching episode data for [The Client]
[TEST] Rename [/Users/user/Desktop/The.Client.List.S01E01.Neustart.mit.Happy.Ending.GERMAN.DUBBED.720p.WebHD.h264-euHD/euhd-client-s01e01-720p.mkv] to [/Users/user/Desktop/filebot/TV Shows/The Client/Season 01/The Client - S01E01 - Pilot Movie.mkv]
Processed 1 files
Done ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

That seems like a reasonable mismatch... but it work for me:

Input: /Users/reinhard/dev/AMC-TEST/Desktop/The.Client.List.S01E01.Neustart.mit.Happy.Ending.GERMAN.DUBBED.720p.WebHD.h264-euHD/euhd-client-s01e01-720p.avi
Group: [tvs:the client list] => [euhd-client-s01e01-720p.avi]
[COPY] Rename [/Users/reinhard/dev/AMC-TEST/Desktop/The.Client.List.S01E01.Neustart.mit.Happy.Ending.GERMAN.DUBBED.720p.WebHD.h264-euHD/euhd-client-s01e01-720p.avi] to [/Users/reinhard/dev/output/TV Shows/The Client List/Season 01/The Client List - S01E01 - The Rub of Sugarland.avi]
Try the latest revision.
lixxbox

Post by lixxbox »

Upgrading to v4.2 did it - for me. Thx! I'll do some further tests.
Installing Java on OS X was a bit tricky, I had to install the SDK.

server:~ user$ /Applications/FileBot.app/Contents/MacOS/filebot.sh -script fn:amc --output ~/Desktop/filebot --log-file ~/Desktop/filebot/amc.log --action test -non-strict /Users/user/Desktop/The.Client.List.S01E01.Neustart.mit.Happy.Ending.GERMAN.DUBBED.720p.WebHD.h264-euHD/euhd-client-s01e01-720p.mkv
Locking /Users/user/Desktop/filebot/amc.log
Argument: /Users/user/Desktop/The.Client.List.S01E01.Neustart.mit.Happy.Ending.GERMAN.DUBBED.720p.WebHD.h264-euHD/euhd-client-s01e01-720p.mkv
Input: /Users/user/Desktop/The.Client.List.S01E01.Neustart.mit.Happy.Ending.GERMAN.DUBBED.720p.WebHD.h264-euHD/euhd-client-s01e01-720p.mkv
Group: [tvs:the client list] => [euhd-client-s01e01-720p.mkv]
[TEST] Rename [/Users/user/Desktop/The.Client.List.S01E01.Neustart.mit.Happy.Ending.GERMAN.DUBBED.720p.WebHD.h264-euHD/euhd-client-s01e01-720p.mkv] to [/Users/user/Desktop/filebot/TV Shows/The Client List/Season 01/The Client List - S01E01 - The Rub of Sugarland.mkv]
Processed 1 files
Done ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ
lixxbox

Post by lixxbox »

I'm not sure if it is working for movies:

The right Movie is detected, but filebot can't decide if TV show or movie?

Argument: /Volumes/Daten/Downloads/pyload/Auge.um.Auge.German.DL.1080p.BluRay.x264-EXQUiSiTE/exq-augeumauge-1080p.mkv
Input: /Volumes/Daten/Downloads/pyload/Auge.um.Auge.German.DL.1080p.BluRay.x264-EXQUiSiTE/exq-augeumauge-1080p.mkv
exq-augeumauge-1080p.mkv [series: exq augeumauge, movie: Out of the Furnace (2013)]
Unable to differentiate: [exq-augeumauge-1080p.mkv] => [exq augeumauge] VS [Out of the Furnace (2013)]
Group: [tvs:null, mov:null, anime:null] => [exq-augeumauge-1080p.mkv]
Finished without processing any files
Failure (°_°)
Should be: https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/164457 ... he-furnace
It works if i force movie mode.

Detects wrong movie ("Die" instead "Die Schadenfreundinnen"), filebot can't decide if TV Show or Movie?

Argument: /Volumes/Daten/Downloads/pyload/Die.Schadenfreundinnen.1080p.BluRay-EXQUiSiTE
Input: /Volumes/Daten/Downloads/pyload/Die.Schadenfreundinnen.1080p.BluRay-EXQUiSiTE/exq-schadenfreundinnen-1080p.mkv
Exclude: /Volumes/Daten/Downloads/pyload/Die.Schadenfreundinnen.1080p.BluRay-EXQUiSiTE/exq-schadenfreundinnen-1080p.nfo
exq-schadenfreundinnen-1080p.mkv [series: exq schadenfreundinnen, movie: Die (2010)]
Unable to differentiate: [exq-schadenfreundinnen-1080p.mkv] => [exq schadenfreundinnen] VS [Die (2010)]
Group: [tvs:null, mov:null, anime:null] => [exq-schadenfreundinnen-1080p.mkv]
Finished without processing any files
Failure (°_°)
Should be: https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/193610-the-other-woman
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

If you rename stuff in German it'll work significantly less well since FileBot has to guess significantly more. German stuff works significantly better if you set --lang deu.

If you try to rename German-named movies in English-mode (so it can't match by name) it'll need at least the release year in the name as well to make a positive match.
lixxbox

Post by lixxbox »

I had "--lang de" as described here: http://www.filebot.net/cli.html
Setting "--lang deu" didn't change anything.
I'll try to change my workflow to name the folders in english with year.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I've tweaked things a little bit with r2457 but having English Name / Year will always work best.