Windows AMC Script - SymLink AccessDeniedException

Any questions? Need some help?
j007bond007

Windows AMC Script - SymLink AccessDeniedException

Post by j007bond007 »

Windows 2012
Filebot 4.2
uTorrent 3.4.2 (build 32239)
Additional Info: I have uTorrent seed for a while after, but I also set seed time / ratio to 0 as a test, and ran uTorrent as admin as a test. M:\ is a mapped network drive (Although from what I've read Symlinks should work on this!), Share has full permission as well as NTFS permissions for user.

"Run Program" commands:

Code: Select all

filebot -script fn:amc --output "M:" --log-file C:/amc.log --action symlink --conflict override -non-strict --def "seriesFormat=M:/Shows/{n}/Season {s}/{n} - S{s.pad(2)}E{e.pad(2)} - {t}" "movieFormat=M:/Movies/{fn}" "musicFormat=M:/Music/Albums/{n}/{fn}" music=y subtitles=en artwork=y clean=y "ut_label=%L" "ut_state=%S" "ut_title=%N" "ut_kind=%K" "ut_file=%F" "ut_dir=%D"
Log entry corresponding:

Code: Select all

[SYMLINK] Rename [M:\Torrents\Downloaded\The Strain S01E04 HDTV x264-ASAP[ettv]\The.Strain.S01E04.HDTV.x264-ASAP.eng.srt] to [M:\Shows\The Strain\Season 1\The Strain - S01E04 - It's Not for Everyone.srt]
[SYMLINK] Failed to rename [M:\Torrents\Downloaded\The Strain S01E04 HDTV x264-ASAP[ettv]\The.Strain.S01E04.HDTV.x264-ASAP.eng.srt]
java.nio.file.AccessDeniedException: M:\Shows\The Strain\Season 1\The Strain - S01E04 - It's Not for Everyone.srt
Finished without processing any files
Failure (°_°)
Any ideas on what could be causing this access denied error? None of my files end up getting moved, but if I use Copy method everything works. I have also try hardlink and keeplink.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Windows AMC Script - SymLink AccessDeniedException

Post by rednoah »

I'm pretty sure creating symlinks and hardlinks only works on local filesystems, especially in the Windows / Samba world.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
j007bond007

Post by j007bond007 »

Hmmmm, Ok just stumbled across this:
Currently, Hard Links, Junction Points and Symbolic Links in Windows are only supported for the NTFS file system. Note that Windows does not support Hard Links or Junction Points to directories on remote shares; however, Symbolic Links can point to remote files and directories on SMB network paths.
So it looks like we were both partially right.

The whole reason for it being on a share is that I have a Hyper-V host which has the media files shared out from there (for better performance than being in a VM). uTorrent is on a VM though.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Yes, on your local filesystem you can create symbolic links that may point to a UNC path on a remote filesystem.

So the only think that might work is keeplink but maybe the Java APIs or the Windows APIs will not allow that even though it is now technically possible on the filesystem level.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.