Questions about options for AMC

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
nzdreamer55

Questions about options for AMC

Post by nzdreamer55 »

Hello,

I have a question about the options that are available for the AMC script.

--conflict skip

I'm not sure what it means when you say "Never override existing files if the same media is downloaded multiple times". What does override mean in this sentence. I would understand if it said overwrite. Could you help me understand this?

--conflict auto

"Override existing media only if new media is better". What do you mean by "new media is better". How better? Larger file size? Better resolution? bluray? Is there a list of qualities that can be listed from best to worst?

--def excludeList=amc-input.txt

Where will this txt file be stored so I can look at it?

Thanks for filebot and for any help in advance.

-S
rednoah
The Source

Re: Questions about options for AMC

Post by rednoah »

Experimentation is your friend. ;)

First run:

Code: Select all

[COPY] Rename [/Users/reinhard/dev/AMC-TEST/Buffy.1x01.mkv] to [/Users/reinhard/dev/output/TV Shows/Buffy the Vampire Slayer/Season 01/Buffy the Vampire Slayer - S01E01 - Welcome to the Hellmouth, Part 1.mkv]
Second run with --conflict skip:

Skipped [/Users/reinhard/dev/AMC-TEST/Buffy.1x01.mkv] because [/Users/reinhard/dev/output/TV Shows/Buffy the Vampire Slayer/Season 01/Buffy the Vampire Slayer - S01E01 - Welcome to the Hellmouth, Part 1.mkv] already exists
Third run with --conflict override:

[COPY] Rename [/Users/reinhard/dev/AMC-TEST/Buffy.1x01.mkv] to [/Users/reinhard/dev/output/TV Shows/Buffy the Vampire Slayer/Season 01/Buffy the Vampire Slayer - S01E01 - Welcome to the Hellmouth, Part 1.mkv]
--conflict auto just means "new media is better" and is not further specified. The current implementation takes resolution (requires MediaInfo support) and filesize into account, but that may or may not change with future revisions.

--def excludeList=amc-input.txt means you don't care where FileBot puts the file - same as with --log-file name.log - but I think the current implementation will put the file relative to --output. You can always pass an absolute path yourself though, if you don't like the default location.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.