Targeting the original movie name

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
colemar

Targeting the original movie name

Post by colemar »

I am using Filebot 4.2 on Windows 7 x64 mainly for renaming movie files.

It is not clear what criterion is used by Filebot when choosing a movie title among those listed by TheMovieDB or IMDB for renaming.

Test case: "Indagine su un cittadino al di sopra di ogni sospetto (1970, Elio Petri)" - this is the original title.
This movie file will be renamed as "Investigation of a Citizen Above Suspicion" using TheMovieDB or IMDB regardless of the language selected in the setting.
I believe that when the selected language is Italian then Filebot should choose the italian title.

Moreover, I would like to suggest an optional setting for choosing always the original title, not the world-wide title, english title or whatever.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Targeting the original movie name

Post by rednoah »

If you set a preferred language than this language will be used, but if the title for the specific language hasn't been entered yet in TheMovieDB then it will default to English.

Your format, your rules. This should work with at least the latest 4.5 beta:

Code: Select all

{primaryTitle}
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
colemar

Post by colemar »

I am using this format:

Code: Select all

{n} ({y}, {director})\{n} ({y}, {director})
For the above test case:
If Italian is selected then {n} is translated to the english title regardless. Note that the title listed prominently on IMDB is the italian one.

I will check 4.5 beta with {primaryTitle}.
colemar

Post by colemar »

It seems that the tag {primaryTitle} is working in 4.5 beta, at least for the test case above.