Subtitles questions

Any questions? Need some help?
terra17

Subtitles questions

Post by terra17 »

Hi everybody,

i make this script for my italian subtitles

filebot -rename '/volume2/SerieTV/The Blacklist' -r --lang it --db thetvdb --q 'The Blacklist' --output '/volume2/SerieTV/The Blacklist' --conflict override --format "{n.upperInitial()} - {sxe} - {t.upperInitial().replacePart(', Parte $1')} - {source}.{vf}.{ac}" -non-strict

filebot -script fn:cleaner --def 'exts=jpg|nfo|srv|srr|nzb|sfv|idx|sub|txt|part01|part02|par1|par2' '/volume2/SerieTV/The Blacklist/'

filebot -script fn:suball '/volume2/SerieTV/The Blacklist' -non-strict --def 'terms=720p' --q 'The Blacklist' --lang it --def maxAgeDays=6 --output srt --conflict override

i have 2 questions:

1. how can I let filebot download only subtitles with the word "itasa" inside the title ? have I to put it in --def terms= ?

2. why suball first downloads a file and renames it

The Blacklist - 2x01 - Lord Baltimore - HDTV.720p.AC3.ita.srt

then he downloads the same file again and names it

The Blacklist - 2x01 - Lord Baltimore - HDTV.720p.AC3.srt

then he stops and i get the message "no missing subtitles"

am i do something wrong ?

thank u all
rednoah
The Source

Re: Subtitles questions

Post by rednoah »

You have no control over subtitle selection. OpenSubtitles and FileBot make sure you get the best one available. If you don't get any good subtitles, then it's because there aren't any. Use FileBot to upload some.

Nothing ever gets renamed, it gets stored with the matching name when the file is first written. With newer versions you can set the output file naming scheme, e.g. --format "Keep Original"

FileBot does not allow you to download subtitles when you already have subtitles. It shouldn't download ita subtitles when you already have one.

What's the logs? What's the input files? Have you tried the latest revision?
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
terra17

Post by terra17 »

(i use filebot on Synology Nas, with scheduled scripts)

You have no control over subtitle selection. OpenSubtitles and FileBot make sure you get the best one available. If you don't get any good subtitles, then it's because there aren't any. Use FileBot to upload some.

so the parameter --def "terms=720p" is useless ? if are there 3 subtitles .ita , a 720p one, a normal one and a web-dl one (by itasa team) , which does filebot choose ? i can't make a query or something for 720p ?

Nothing ever gets renamed, it gets stored with the matching name when the file is first written. With newer versions you can set the output file naming scheme, e.g. --format "Keep Original"

i will try with "keep original" ! thank u !

FileBot does not allow you to download subtitles when you already have subtitles. It shouldn't download ita subtitles when you already have one.

i swear that fist filebot downloads a X subtitle XXXXXXXXX.ita.srt (correct)

if i re-run the script filebot downloads again the SAME FILE and names it XXXXXXXXX.srt (also correct, it's the same file)

if i re-run the script, it stops

if i delete XXXXXXX.ita.srt it downloads it again

if i delete XXXXXX.srt it downloads it again

i'don't know why

what can i do to obtain the log files to let you see ?
terra17

Post by terra17 »

(filebot renames sub together with video files)
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

So you mean to say:
Step 1. You download subtitles for video files
Step 2. You rename video files and newly downloaded subtitles, if possible

Here's what you do wrong:
1. Your format does not contain {lang} so subtitles will be renamed without language tag
2. You must name subtitles correctly, i.e. matching video file name and language tag so FileBot can know for which files subtitles have already been downloaded, i.e. your format must end with {'.'+lang}
3. If you repeatedly download subtitles you MUST NOT use --format "keep name" since that'll make it impossible to tell what files don't have subtitles yet, and you might be banned for abuse
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
terra17

Post by terra17 »

Yes, this could be the problem, i have to invert suball and rename maybe and put lang in format script

Thank u so much rednoah, i will make some tries later and i 'll make u know if i do it right

thank u again !
terra17

Post by terra17 »

you were right, i have inverted suball and rename, added the .ita at the end of the file, and now the problem has gone away.

the top will be if user could make filebot choose a word to search the favorite subtitle by team signature, like italian "ITASA"

thank you !