Help for my script

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
ping

Help for my script

Post by ping »

Hi,

I use filebot gui to rename and organize my library (that is realy awesome by the way), and i would like to optimize my process.
I read many topics in Scripting and Automation but I'm pretty lost ^^ And I don't know where to start...

So, this is my project :

My folders look like this :

Code: Select all

ANIMATION/
CARTOONS/
MOVIES/
MOVIESHD/
MOVIES3D/
TVSHOWS/
script.bat?
I have different schemes for each folders, with the gui I have to change my schemes each time I change folder.
It's not realy effective...

I would like to make a script (one file at the root folder) that browse each directory and apply the scheme associated with.
Also, is it possible that the script prompt me for unrecognised movie title (like the gui does) ? (I think yes, but don't know how either)

I'm on windows and for now all of my tests has failed, bad scripting I guess :P

A little help from you would be welcome :)
rednoah
The Source

Re: Help for my script

Post by rednoah »

Repeatedly running on the same files over and over again just because of a few files are new is a VERY BAD IDEA. And possibly get you banned from accessing TheTVDB/TheMovieDB for wasting server resources.

You want some sort of to-be-processed folder and move-organize from there to a completely new structure, and not rename in place.

Anything else can be solved with smarter formats. You'll need one format per type (Episode/Movie) and everything else can be implemented in the format easily with conditions. See other threads.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
ping

Post by ping »

Sorry I forgot to mention that, this folders are output destination for my downloads.
After renaming, all movies are transferred (moved, not copied) on another server at scheduled time.

Edit:
No repeatedly renaming the same files, obviously ^^
Last edited by ping on 13 Oct 2014, 12:48, edited 1 time in total.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

That is good. As long as things are not reprocessed over and over. :)

I suppose multiple rename calls for the different folders (and simpler formats) will do the job. Or a single amc call with a bit more powerful formats.

Code: Select all

filebot -rename -r /tvshows --db thetvdb -non-strict --action move --output /media --format "TV/{episode}" ...
Something like that. Multiple times.
ping

Post by ping »

Great, it seem to work !
And it's simple in fact, don't know why I don't achieved this by myself... :oops:
I'll tweak and refine my script tonight.

One more thing,
Titles that are not recognised are simply skipped, is it possible to being asked for a proper title during script execution ?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Posting your resulting script might help others ;)