Force amc not to match as anime

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
whitestrake

Force amc not to match as anime

Post by whitestrake »

Hi all,

I'm currently using AMC with qBittorrent. It's amazing so far. Here's what I'm using currently:

Code: Select all

filebotlauncher -script fn:amc --output "D:/Plex Library/" --log-file amc.log --action hardlink --conflict auto -non-strict --def plex=localhost "%f"
I'm finding it works fantastically, but there are a lot of cases where it will match as anime when I'd prefer it to match using TheTVDB. I considered forcing it to use TheTVDB for all matches by changing the command I'm using, but I process the occasional movie as well using FileBot amc script and I'd want that to work too.

I was wondering if there was a way to force amc to blacklist a specific mode (Anime mode), or perhaps a way to whitelist multiple other modes (TV and Movie modes).

Thanks in advance!
rednoah
The Source

Re: Force amc not to match as anime

Post by rednoah »

What are he the possible values %f can have? Are you 100% sure you will never end up repeatedly processing your download folder? If you don't set excludeList you will get banned. See docs for details.

You should be able to set labels to force a specific mode. See docs for details.

You can set an ignore pattern. See docs for details.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
whitestrake

Post by whitestrake »

Hi rednoah, thanks for your reply!

Unfortunately qBittorrent does not have parameters available to pass the label to the amc script. I'd need a solution that could be implemented in the command line call.

I'm not looking to ignore certain files either - I'd still like them to process, I'd just like to set it so it wont use Anime mode to process them, only Movie or TV mode. I understand if this isn't doable just editing the command line, but if it is, that would be excellent.

P.S: I changed the input to "%f\%n" because you were right, it was passing the base torrent directory, not the torrent itself. It's working as intended now. You mention being banned for not doing so a few times - out of curiosity, do you mean the databases themselves will ban me? Or does AMC use an intermediary server that will ban me?

P.P.S: You mention docs, are you referring to this forum post or are there more extensive docs somewhere for the amc script?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Make sure to add --def excludeList=amc.txt just in case as well then. Can't hurt. ;)

Yes, that post should be all you need.

If you can't pass along the label then you could just force TV for all, but loose movie support.
whitestrake

Post by whitestrake »

Added an excludeList.

Thanks for the information!
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Would you mind making a tutorial thread on this topic here in this forum? I'm sure that'd be useful to others as well.
whitestrake

Post by whitestrake »

rednoah wrote:Would you mind making a tutorial thread on this topic here in this forum? I'm sure that'd be useful to others as well.
I wouldn't mind, but for what exactly did you have in mind?

Strictly speaking I didn't manage to achieve my original goal but I worked around the problem from another angle (the main reason I wanted amc not to use anime mode was because of issues between Plex, theTVDB and aniDB, but I fixed up Plex to work better with the results).
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Basic setup for amc would do just fine. You don't need to go into any of your special requirements. Just so that others don't keep using "%f" and caveats like that.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Very nice! I'll put that into it's own thread. :)
whitestrake

Post by whitestrake »

Glad I could help out, considering how awesome FileBot is!