External Folder Permissions Mac

Any questions? Need some help?
sltyler1

External Folder Permissions Mac

Post by sltyler1 »

Hey redNoah and all,

Fantastic product, sad I just found out about this :( but great going forward :D

Anyways, I'm having an issue with the drag and drop to give FileBot folder permissions of my external hard drives that are plugged into my Airport Extreme. I drop the external drives or folders on the drives and it doesn't unlock them :/

Do I have to locally plug the external into my Mac and then give the folder permissions, then I can plug the external back into my Airport Extreme and everything will be groovy?

Thanks for your time and help!
rednoah
The Source

Re: External Folder Permissions Mac

Post by rednoah »

Not quite sure, never had any issues with connecting to my Synology NAS shared folders. You could try using SMB protocol instead of AFP.

I guess that'd be a general permissions issue. Maybe you can find more info in more general forums how to deal with permission issues on Mac with Airport Extreme shared folders.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
sltyler1

Re: External Folder Permissions Mac

Post by sltyler1 »

rednoah wrote:Not quite sure, never had any issues with connecting to my Synology NAS shared folders. You could try using SMB protocol instead of AFP.

I guess that'd be a general permissions issue. Maybe you can find more info in more general forums how to deal with permission issues on Mac with Airport Extreme shared folders.

Got it, was just not thinking correctly. Might want to make a note somewhere for Mac users.

On Windows you can use:

Code: Select all

X:/Movies/{genres[0]}/{n} ({y})
But Mac's don't use a drive letter, they use the drive name, so I was trying:

//External_Drive/Movies/{genres[0]}/{n} ({y})
Which was still trying to make the folder on my Mac's root drive, which was where I was getting confused. I forgot that to get off your mac and onto a external drive you need to format it like this:

/Volumes/External_Drive/Movies/{genres[0]}/{n} ({y})
Then it prompted for the drag and drop of the 'Movies' folder and all was well. :D

Just me forgetting mac basics. :roll:

Thanks rednoah!