A couple more buttons

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
part timer

A couple more buttons

Post by part timer »

Maybe these exist already without an obvious button but on the rename pane of the gui it would be nice to have a clear button at the bottom like the analyze pane, so after you renamed a batch you can clear left overs that you'll deal with later. Also I don't know how to cancel a match search once it starts so when I want to stop one I've been closing the whole program down which I'm pretty sure loses that sessions history. It would be nice if you could click a button while it's trying to find matches to just stop it in it's tracks if you changed your mind or got overwhelmed with the pop up match requests. Then the matches it's found so far it could show you and the ones it hasn't searched yet could all get shaded grey on the lift just like they do when you hit the ignore button in that pop window I mentioned. Then at least you could rename the ones it has found in the time you let it run, instead of it being a total waste of time.

As always, thank you very much. I'm really not complaining btw. I love this program, I'm just trying to raise concerns that I think would benefit myself and I think others who want to use it.
rednoah
The Source

Re: A couple more buttons

Post by rednoah »

1. There is no clear button because it's not necessary, dragging in new data will or fetching new episode data will always clear things anyway.

So that's what people would do:
with clear button: click click, drag in new files, match with database
without clear button: drag in new files, match with database

I don't see the point why I would spend time to make things less efficient adding no benefit. ;)
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
part timer

Post by part timer »

Right on. I didn't know it cleared them, I've been using the delete button on the leftovers. I knew the analyze pane did it automatically when you drag new stuff. Learning every day little shortcuts.

What about the cancel search button idea?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

2. Not being able to abort the background tasks is a valid point. But then I'd have to change some UI, lots internal code, ... not really worth the time when a restarts works just as fine.

Btw by session history you mean the rename log? That's never lost. It's saved as xml file in your home folder.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.