Naming Scheme for "Run Program in uTorrent"

All about user-defined episode / movie / file name format expressions
Gadget

Naming Scheme for "Run Program in uTorrent"

Post by Gadget »

Hi there.

I have done a search for this, but I never found anything relating to what I was looking for, so please excuse if it does exist somewhere.

Firstly, I want to thank you for FileBot.... Absolutely Awesome, although I have "No" idea how to use it to "Any" of its potential as you do. My apologies if this seems like an absolute Noob question, but I would very much like the assist.

My query is as follows.

The series that I get are mainly in this type of format: Eg. Elementary.S03E12.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION or Gordon.Ramsays.Ultimate.Cookery.Course.S01E03.HDTV.x264-C4TV.

The standard naming convention which I put into the "Run Program When Torrent Finishes" was what I got off your site, Eg:

Code: Select all

filebot -script fn:amc --output "X:/path/to/media" --log-file amc.log --action copy --conflict override -non-strict --def music=y subtitles=en artwork=y "ut_label=%L" "ut_state=%S" "ut_title=%N" "ut_kind=%K" "ut_file=%F" "ut_dir=%D"

and spits out: "Elementary - S03E12 - Title.mkv" and "Gordon Ramsays Ultimate Cookery Course - S01E01 - Title.mkv" like magic, is great, although the code looks more to me like Greek than anything I have seen before (I did manage to figure out that if I didn't want the artwork and subtitles I just needed to delete that part of the line).

Now what if I wanted the series to have these parameters in it? (All the previous files I already downloaded have these parameters in the file name, so it would be stupid going and removing them now):

{n.space('.')}.{'s'+s.pad(2)}e{e.pad(2)}.{t.space('.')}.{vf}.{vc}.{ac}
I have tried this:

filebot -script fn:amc --output "Z:\Sort First" --log-file amc.log --action copy --conflict override -non-strict --def "seriesFormat=X:/TV/{n.space('.')}/.{'S'+s.pad(2)}/E{e.pad(2)}/.{t.space('.')}/.{vf}/.{vc}/.{ac} subtitles=en artwork=n "ut_label=%L" "ut_state=%S" "ut_title=%N" "ut_kind=%K" "ut_file=%F" "ut_dir=%D"
And RedNoah went..... :?: :o :o :lol: :lol: :lol:

Which as you can imagine borked everything up, so I just copied and pasted the previous one back in again until I got some Clarity on how to get the script put in place with all the extra bells and whistles so to speak.

Apologies again, as you must be "Cringing in your seat" reading the above mess, but as I said, I am totally new to this, and for some or other reason, just couldn't grasp the hang of it.

Thank you for the reply in advance and for not inventing a way to shoot me through the internet............... I hope :lol:
rednoah
The Source

Re: Naming Scheme for "Run Program in uTorrent"

Post by rednoah »

You're not quoting/escaping your arguments correctly.

@see viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1899
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Gadget

Post by Gadget »

Ok, still not sure if I was even "Remotely" on the right track here. So did I put in too many "/"'s or in the wrong place, or too little? Because as far as I can see, the whole string:

--def "seriesFormat=X:/TV/{n.space('.')}.{'s'+s.pad(2)}e{e.pad(2)}.{t.space('.')}.{vf}.{vc}.{ac}"
was one argument, or was I mistaken?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

The call you posted simply never closed the "... so it looks like you fixed that now. The rest was just lots of folder that start with '.' which is probably a pretty bad idea as well.

Looks like you're on the right track. But with such a basic format I'm sure you could just copy & paste it from somewhere here... Hint => viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Gadget

Post by Gadget »

LoL awesome, okay, well, the scripts there look like rocket science, but I'm sure I'll be able to figure something out from those. Anyway, thanks a million for the help.