Drag and Drop Issue with FileBot

Any questions? Need some help?
aschmidt8

Drag and Drop Issue with FileBot

Post by aschmidt8 »

Hey everyone. I've been having this issue with FileBot for a couple of versions now. Whenever I select and drag specific folders from a single directory into FileBot, it loads ALL of the files and folders in that directory instead of just the selected ones. I did a quick screen capture so you could see the issue. Check it out below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usDJlxgQudc

Running FileBot 4.5.6, although I've had this issue with past versions as well.
I'm on Windows 7 Ultimate SP1.

Really hoping someone has a solution. This is kind of a pain when I'm trying to analyze the content of multiple folders.
skullzy
Power User

Re: Drag and Drop Issue with FileBot

Post by skullzy »

Although rednoah would be best answering this.. from what I can figure out regarding the Analyze feature, is that if for example, you drag a single folder into the Analyze, it brings up the file tree for that folder. So Walking Dead folder would bring up

Season 1 -> S01E01 - TITLE.avi
Season 2 -> S02E01 - TITLE.avi
Season 3 -> S03E01 - TITLE.avi
Season 4 -> S04E01 - TITLE.avi
Season 5 -> S05E01 - TITLE.avi

So when you drag in multiple folders, the Analyze detects the Main folder as the starting point of the file tree, Example.. let's say we have a folder called Unprocessed, inside this folder we have The Simpsons, Walking Dead and Forever.. each has a folder for each season..

If you drag one of those folders within Unprocessed into analyze, it will display that folder as the starting point of the file tree, (example above). But if you dragged Walking Dead and Forever into the analyze, this will cause it to use the Unprocessed folder at the starting point for your file tree.

Which means everything within the Unprocessed folder would be added to analyze.

Unfortunatlley, the only way around this.. would be to create another folder example Analyze, and then drag Walking Dead and Forever into that folder.. then all you'd have to do is drag the Analyze folder into filebots analyze and it will then set the Analyze folder as the starting point for the File Tree.
aschmidt8

Post by aschmidt8 »

Was this feature changed recently? I definitely recall being able to drag select folders into the Analog pane previously without issue. I upgraded once and assumed it was just a bug in the new version, but it has yet to be fixed. Hopefully this isn't how they intend drag and drop to work. Pretty counter-intuitive in my opinion.
skullzy
Power User

Post by skullzy »

aschmidt8 wrote:Was this feature changed recently? I definitely recall being able to drag select folders into the Analog pane previously without issue. I upgraded once and assumed it was just a bug in the new version, but it has yet to be fixed. Hopefully this isn't how they intend drag and drop to work. Pretty counter-intuitive in my opinion.
As I said prior, rednoah would be able to provide a better answer.. I would assume, if it wasn't like this in previous versions then it might be a recent change..
aschmidt8

Post by aschmidt8 »

I PMed him. Are there any better ways to get a hold of him?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Nope. I don't check PMs much. :P Currently on holiday in less internet-friendly countries.

skullzy perfectly explained how it works now. There've been changes some time ago, and dropping in unrelated files/folders isn't supported anymore. It now only allows a single file tree, and add the parent folder if you drop multiple files.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.