Exclude Show or List of Shows

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
manicjonah

Exclude Show or List of Shows

Post by manicjonah »

Is it possible to exclude one show from a rename operation? I will run a command that renames all of the media files in my Recorded TV folder. Because I know that the TVDB is not going to name certain shows properly I want to exclude them from the process.

I have a plan to get everything to work like I need it to but I'm hoping to learn a little more about Filebot. Is there a way to exclude specific shows without using a Groovy script?

Here's my command:

Code: Select all

"C:\program files\filebot\filebot.exe" -rename "V:\Recorded TV"  -non-strict --format "{n}/{'Season '+s}/{s00e00} - {t.tr('/|', '-')}"
Thanks,

MJ
rednoah
The Source

Re: Exclude Show or List of Shows

Post by rednoah »

If you pass the whole folder then the whole folder will be processed. You can also specify all the files directly.

On Linux / Mac it's just a find find | egrep | xargs | filebot but Windows CMD is pretty useless in comparison.

On Windows it's probably easier to just do it with Groovy.

@see viewtopic.php?f=4&t=280#p1135

EDIT:

Are you repeatedly processing the same files over and over and over? Somebody is asking to get banned... :evil:
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
manicjonah

Post by manicjonah »

Not sure what to make of your edit or your dislike for CMD. I manage hundreds of servers with batch scripts that I've written/write and it they work just fine for me. For the record, I'm not asking for command line assistance but I'm also not looking to learn Groovy. I came to the Filebot forum for help with Filebot. I thought my script could be a lot shorter if I could take advantage of some of Filebot's power to rename and relocate files, and cleanup directories so I'm asking questions.

According to what I've read about Filebot I can do everything I need without the need for a Groovy script (the only exception to this, of course, being the cleanup script). I can write find or findstr statements to single out specific shows for processing but I was looking to take advantage of as much of Filebot's processing power as possible. Unless I missed something in your reply I believe that Filebot does not have a mechanism to exclude files with a particular name without the use of a Groovy script, right?

I'm sure you've run into this before so I'm wondering what the suggested method is for renaming an entire folder full of shows when some need to be named by one metadata service and others are only properly named when processed by a different metadata service. Perhaps I'm spending too much time thinking through a situation you've already resolved?

MJ
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

FileBot does not support any filtering for when you're passing in a folder. But instead of passing a folder you can just pass all the files you want to process.

If you're an CMD expert (which I surely am not) then you can simply do the filtering in the CMD and then pass all the selected files to filebot, i.e. filebot -rename X/A.avi Y/B.avi Z/C.avi ...
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.