Series ID

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
gmitch64

Series ID

Post by gmitch64 »

Is there any way to specify the series ID when renaming from the CLI?

For instance, I'm trying to rename some files which I KNOW are from Ghost Hunters. Passing "Ghost Hunters" to the -q option gives me back an error that there are multiple options and that I should use non strict renaming

Rename episodes using [TheTVDB]
Multiple options: Force auto-select requires non-strict matching: [Ghost Hunters, Ghost Hunters Academy, Ghost Hunters I
nternational, Ghost Hunt, The Girly Ghost Hunters, Ghosthunters]
Failure (°_°)

Now, I know that the ID for TheTVDB for Ghost Hunters is 77949. Is there any way to tell FileBot from the CLI to use this?

G
rednoah
The Source

Re: Series ID

Post by rednoah »

No.

In this case other than --q "Ghost Hunters" you'll need to specify -non-strict but if you then have issues with mismatches you may need another --filter "n == 'Ghost Hunters'"
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
gmitch64

Post by gmitch64 »

OK. Thanks. I didn't think I could apply a --q and --filter at the same time. I'll give it a try tonight.

Is adding in the option to use the series ID something you could consider adding into the next version?

G
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

No. The CLI is meant for automated processing. What you seem to be doing is manual processing for which there is the FileBot GUI app.
xflak
Power User

Post by xflak »

I too would be interested in a series ID override function but I think it would only make sense to have the IDs and corresponding series names/strings listed in a csv file (similar to how series names are overriden)

Before discovering FileBot, I used a competing app, theRenamer, that supported this sort of series ID override. Filebot is far superior but this is the one feature I occasionally miss.

For example, "Dragons' Den CA" (or Canada) often gets simply named Dragons' Den, which would then match up with the UK version of "Dragons' Den". Using theRenamer I was able to force the app the use the Canadian series ID because I knew I was never getting the UK version. Now with FileBot I have to do a bit of manual corrections to the filename before letting FileBot rename it so it picks it up as the right series.

I can live without this feature because FileBot's auto detection is REALLY good. But if this function were added it would bring the success rate from 99% (or whatever) to damn near 100%.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Give me a specific example and I'll show you how you can solve the problem with --q and --filter more elegantly, more general and with less user interaction. ;)

You CAN --filter by TheTVDB since that binding is available in the format/filter engine. But figuring out IDs for shows is a tedious task.

So you want "Dragon's Den" from Canada?

Code: Select all

--q "Dragon's Den" --filter "n =~ /CA/"
If you want 100% detection accuracy (at the expense of being able to process files after n days of release) please see Advanced Fine-Tuning section in the amc manual.

The "only consider episodes aired within the last 7 days" approach will neatly eliminate all possible mismatches just like that, assuming Dragon's Den CA / UK / US aren't airing episodes with the same SxE or airdate within 7 days of each other. Then again, what are the odds of that? :lol:

Since --filter is programmable you can come up with even better approaches, e.g. some people here in the forums are using text files to build their own whitelist / blacklist filters.
xflak
Power User

Post by xflak »

I'm assuming #2 would only work for dragons den and not all my series?

Can either #1 or 2 be used in a general way so I'm using the same command for all series and only some are overridden while the majority remain automatic?

#3 could work but I don't want to sacrifice being able to process files after n days. Still good to know though, Thx. Is that feature only available in the amc script or also in the rename cli function?

Are u able to share a link(s) to the approaches u referenced in #4?

Thx again
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Sure, --filter is especially useful without --q since that's when you want to filter out all the potential mismatches without knowing what's for input in the first place.

NOT (Dragon's Den) OR (Dragon's Den + CA) => Dragon's Den + US not allowed

--filter "!(n =~ /Dragon's Den/) || n =~ /CA/"
2a.
How about an age limit for Dragon's Den episodes only?

--filter "!(n =~ /Dragon's Den/) || age < 7"
2b.
How about an age limit applied only if label == weekly?

--filter "!(label =~ /weekly/) || age < 7"
It's pretty easy, there's --format related docs all over for series name replacement, but the same code works for --filter white/black listing. I'm sure you'll find something once you know what you're looking for.

--filter "csv('/path/to/whitelist.csv').get(n) != null"

--filter "csv('/path/to/blacklist.csv').get(n) == null"
whitelist/blacklist example:

Dragons' Den (CA);anything
PS: all the hardcoded String values could easily be read from file as well ;)
gmitch64

Post by gmitch64 »

> What you seem to be doing is manual processing

Not at all. What I'm trying to do is process automatically from Vuze when downloads complete. As part of the command runner process, I get the file name and any TAG that get set automatically. So, for example, I get this..

Filename: GHOST HUNTERS S09E16 HDTV x264 Hyde And Seek.mp4
TAG: GhostHunters

Trying to run from the command line obviously doesn't work, since it's not able to successfully target the unique name. I've had issues in the past where FileBot had picked up the wrong series when doing a rename (and to be clear, it usually makes a damn good job of it). In this case, since I've set the tagging in Vuze, and I get that information, I know EXACTLY which series from thetvdb I want it to tag, FileBot doesn't have to guess or use fuzzy logic.

G
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Yes? So what exactly didn't you understand in the post above? Because I don't see any argument that isn't already thoroughly addressed. :D

--q "Ghost Hunters" --filter "n == /Ghost Hunters/" --def "ut_label=TV"
--q => help with lookup
--filter => specify exactly what you want
--def ut_label => tell the amc script that you're processing TV episodes

--q is just a query string, bit {n} in --filter IS A UNIQUE ID with the added advantage of being human readable.

At which point does FileBot have to guess anything? It doesn't, since you've thoroughly specified what you want.

So you're configure your "automation" for each new series? Seems like a lot of work. If you're using --q then you're doing things manually.

Did you understand this --filter expression?

--filter "!(label =~ /weekly/) || age < 7"
Tag your new weekly shows with "weekly" (instead of <NameOfShow>) and they will be processed with the "7 days filter". Anything that is NOT tagged as "weekly" will be processed without any filter (and without the need to specify --q).
JFMillerUSA

Post by JFMillerUSA »

Can I chime in. I'm using amc script and having issues with Ghost Hunters new season which is labeled 'Ghost Hunters (2019) S01E??', but TVDBs Series ID labels it 'Ghost Hunters S12E??' and filebot wants to name it 'Ghost Hunters S01E??'. I'm having to weekly run filebot manualy to change it. Any help would be appreciated. :)
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Logs please.
kim
Power User

Post by kim »

you can use themoviedb (TV)

thetvdb say it's the same show
https://www.thetvdb.com/series/ghost-hunters/seasons/12

themoviedb say it's a new show (because A&E's website says so with 's01')
https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/92820-gho ... uage=en-US

www.aetv.com/shows/ghost-hunters
https://proxy-nyc.hidemyass-freeproxy.c ... aHVudGVycw