Rutorrent, AMC script not cleaning up junk files.

Support for Ubuntu and other Desktop Linux distributions
MadMan

Rutorrent, AMC script not cleaning up junk files.

Post by MadMan »

Hey all,
Love the program, I have filebot setup on my linux ubuntu remote seedbox. I have altered my .rtorrent.rc file so that filebot kicks off once a download has finished, and this works, it goes in and does do the renaming for me exactly as it should, however it is not deleting "cleaning" the directory of all the junk files e.g. screen shots and the older folder if it existed. I am using this script as my rtorrent-postprocess.sh file. I was using the same script on my windows pc, of course different file folder locations, and the clean up worked, just wondering why it isn't working on my seedbox?

#!/bin/bash
filebot -script fn:amc --output "/home/user/downloads/Sync/" -rename -non-strict "/home/user/downloads/Sync/Movies/" --log-file amc.log --def excludeList=amc.txt clean=y unsorted=y
rednoah
The Source

Re: Rutorrent, AMC script not cleaning up junk files.

Post by rednoah »

Got any logs? Have you tried calling the cleaner script manually? I guess there's some files or something that triggers the "do not touch this folder" rules.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
MadMan

Post by MadMan »

Just checked, it looks like it is trying to delete the "Junk" but just not occuring. http://pastebin.com/AWcnAYzS It ran the first time automatically, I ran it the second time on demand just to see what would happen. Sorry should have said I am running version 4.6
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I guess if it does do "Delete: /path/to/file" but that file is then not deleted, it's probably a permission issue.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
MadMan

Post by MadMan »

Just wondering, is there a way to run my rtorrent-postprocess.sh file as root each time? I am sorry for such a silly question, I am a linux noob.

edit- i tried it again and sometimes it seems to "clean" properly and sometimes it doesn't. It worked on a few files that had junk in them, but didn't work on some things, kind of strange.

edit 2-Here is all the files in the folder; http://imgur.com/rTHaH4y,8ri8fYC,FreRYyL#1 If I run the rtorrent-postprocess.sh as either root or as user, it doesn't matter for some reason these files never get "cleaned" http://imgur.com/rTHaH4y,8ri8fYC,FreRYyL#0 and just stay in the folder. Tonight I will see what happens when I download to home and see what happens on the windows computer, I suspect the same thing..

edit-3 I tried it on a windows pc, and it did the same thing, just had to try it. For some reason it's just not "cleaning" these file for some reason. I would guess out of 1000 runs of filebot these are the only files I have never seen it "clean", and having that success rate is good enough for me :), but still wondering why it will not delete those files?