Help with automation

Support for Ubuntu and other Desktop Linux distributions
simcard

Help with automation

Post by simcard »

Hi guys,

I know that there has been a tremendous amount of effort in help/support on this forum, but the fact of the matter is, i am a linux/code noob

I has a remote server which puts files into a sync folder which is sent to a local server by LFTP every night. What I would very much like is for filebot to watch this sync folder on the remote server and rename files according to the way i choose.

I have come across
http://www.filebot.net/forums/viewtopic ... 4&t=5#p132

but not quite sure what I need to do exactly to get the program/script running....the download link takes me to a github page, where does the script file go if i need to copy paste it into a text file? does filebot have to be running 24/7 for it to work, how is the watch folder triggered?

the server runs linux

TIA
simcard

Re: Help with automation

Post by simcard »

Ok, I SSH'd into my server and entered the following

Code: Select all

~$ filebot -script fn:watcher -extract -rename /home/seeduser/downloads/synctorrents/TV Shows --output /home/seeduser/downloads/synctorrents/renamed tv --format "{n}/{'Season '+s}/{n} - {s00e00} - {t}" --db TheTVDB
and got the below

Code: Select all

MissingMethodException: No signature of method: java.io.File.watch() is applicable for argument types: (Script1$_run_closure1) values: [Script1$_run_closure1@1afdd473]
Possible solutions: each(groovy.lang.Closure), with(groovy.lang.Closure), wait(), wait(long), toPath(), any()
groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: java.io.File.watch() is applicable for argument types: (Script1$_run_closure1) values: [Script1$_run_closure1@1afdd473]
Possible solutions: each(groovy.lang.Closure), with(groovy.lang.Closure), wait(), wait(long), toPath(), any()
        at Script1.run(Script1.groovy:4)
        at net.filebot.cli.ScriptShell.evaluate(ScriptShell.java:61)
        at net.filebot.cli.ScriptShell.runScript(ScriptShell.java:82)
        at net.filebot.cli.ArgumentProcessor.process(ArgumentProcessor.java:116)
        at net.filebot.Main.main(Main.java:168)
Failure (?_?)
Any ideas what went wrong?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Not sure. But the script is Deprecated which means it's no longer supported and you probably shouldn't use it.

Have a look at the amc script instead.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
simcard

Post by simcard »

ok thanks