Avi audio.language property

All about user-defined episode / movie / file name format expressions
Pab

Avi audio.language property

Post by Pab »

Some of my movies don't have the audio language set so I have written a script using python and ffmpeg to add the eng language metadata to the audio stream of the files. This seems to be working for mp4 and mkv files, however for avi files it doesn't seem to be adding the correct properties. I looked around online and tried a few things such as setting the audio metadata title to 'English' but this doesn't seem to do the trick for filebot (however it does have English as the audio track name in VLC). I was just wondering which property I can change in the avi file metadata to get the correct output for audio.language in filebot.
Thank you
rednoah
The Source

Re: Avi audio.language property

Post by rednoah »

Bindings such as {audio.language} give you direct access to MediaInfo properties. So you can use MediaInfo to inspect the available MediaInfo properties. As for how MediaInfo interprets .avi file metadata, I recommend asking that in the MediaInfo forums. ;)

:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Pab

Post by Pab »

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!
:)
Pab

Post by Pab »

So I don't think mediainfo currently supports avi audio language as shown in this table: https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Support/Formats
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I'm sure avi/riff is perfectly supported as far as the standard goes, and that's not very far, because the avi container doesn't support metadata, not that people haven't found non-standard / incompatible ways of doing so anyway...
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Pab

Post by Pab »

I did find out that there is a language tag in the avi container but trying to set that seemed like too much messing about as I couldn't find a simple way to do it. I just ended up changing the container to mkv as this seemed easier than delving into the avi documentation