Append tags from original the file name to the renamed

All about user-defined episode / movie / file name format expressions
innoman

Append tags from original the file name to the renamed

Post by innoman »

I've been using theRenamer for years but I've decided to move to FileBot because it seems to be a little (or maybe a lot!?, still learning:)) more robust and it's actively supported! theRenamer has worked fairly well but it's inefficient, clunky and doesn't appear to be supported any longer.

I think I have most things fairly well figured out except appending text/tags from the original file onto the renamed file. I'd like for tags such as 720p, 1080p, TrueHD, Atmos, DTS-HD, etc. to be included in the target filename, if possible. Is there a way to do this?

I did search through forum and FAQ, I apologize if I am asking a question that's been answered. I just can't figure out what search terms to use.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Append tags from original the file name to the renamed

Post by rednoah »

There's things like {vf} {tags} {group} etc that are predefined which may work for you.

Otherwise you can always use a generic matchAll regex and do exactly what you want:

Code: Select all

{fn.machAll(/720p|1080p|TrueHD|Atmos|DTS-HD/)}
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
innoman

Re: Append tags from original the file name to the renamed

Post by innoman »

Thank you! I had typed a reply that I'd found the vf / ac expressions but I guess I didn't click submit. I think those should work better than the way I handle it now, to be honest.