Sorting Anime, TV, and movie

Any questions? Need some help?
Walker

Sorting Anime, TV, and movie

Post by Walker »

Hey. I'm new to both forums and scripting so I'm sorry if I do anything wrong here.

So I have tried to use this:

Code: Select all

filebot -script fn:amc --output "/path/to/output" --log-file amc.log --action copy -non-strict "/path/to/input" --def excludeList=amc.txt
And that works well. But then I wanted to see if its possible to sort anime to a folder for it self. So I have 3 folder when its done. One for anime, one for tv and one for movies. So I tried to read me up on this post: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=215#p1561
But no luck. So I'm just wondering. Is is possible at all to get it to sort those 3 automatecly.

And sorry for some bad english.
Thanks
rednoah
The Source

Re: Sorting Anime, TV, and movie

Post by rednoah »

Yes, that is the default behaviour. What seems to be the problem?

It may not work in certain cases:
Common Problems wrote:Anime are inherently TV Shows, so Anime will only be detected as Anime and processed with AniDB if the files have Anime-like characteristics
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Walker

Post by Walker »

So with that code it should make a new folder for anime if it manages to process it with AniDB?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Yes, Anime will be sorted into a folder called "Anime". That's default behaviour, and you don't need to change anything for that.

You can see the default formats here:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2
Walker

Post by Walker »

Ok. Thanks for the quick response! And I'm sorry if this have been asked before and I didnt find it.
jamauai

Post by jamauai »

rednoah wrote:Yes, Anime will be sorted into a folder called "Anime". That's default behaviour, and you don't need to change anything for that.

You can see the default formats here:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2
Is there a way to opt out of this default "Anime" folder? I would rather the series be placed directly in the folder I specify rather than Filebot creating an "Anime" folder for me.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Not using Anime / TV Show / Movie folders is bad practice and not recommended. You can pass in your own formats if you don't like the default behaviour though.
jamauai

Post by jamauai »

rednoah wrote:Not using Anime / TV Show / Movie folders is bad practice and not recommended. You can pass in your own formats if you don't like the default behaviour though.
I do have separate Anime / TV Show / Movie folders, but I name them differently. For example, my "Anime" folder is called "anime02" (because its on external HDD #2).

Here's the script I use for Anime. How should I alter it to have the anime placed directly in the specified "anime02" folder rather than a new "Anime" folder within the "anime02" folder?

Code: Select all

filebot -script fn:amc "C:\Masters\BTSync\anime" --output "J:\media02\anime02" --log all --log-file "C:\Masters\amc_Anime.log" --action move --conflict auto -non-strict --def subtitles=en seriesFormat="J:\media02\anime02\{primaryTitle}\{primaryTitle} - {sxe} - {t.replaceAll(/[!?.]+$/).replaceAll(/[`´‘’ʻ]/, /'/).replacePart(', Part $1')}"