Not sure why Filebot isn't working for me anymore

Support for Windows users
dgbonomo
Donor

Not sure why Filebot isn't working for me anymore

Post by dgbonomo »

Apologies for the vague title, but I can't be more specific. I'm not sure what's up exactly. I've never really run into much issues with FileBot, and I have used it to rename thousands of thousands of files; but as of last night, it's been consistently failing to fetch proper episode names, which is a pain since I'd been wanting to update the family Plex media server with recent media... and I'm not sure if it's a problem with Filebot, or with TheTVDB, or what - hopefully somebody can help shed some light on what's going on.

For example, for the recent Archer episode, it fetched the episode name just fine; but for Arslan it is failing whether I try 1 episode, or entire series, even if I've renamed the folder to just "Arslan" at the root of my drive and the files to "Arslan - 1x##". It fails on many other things, as well. The spinner in the right pane starts spinning, and then stops, and it looks like there are items in the right list (there is a scrollbar matching the scrollbar on the left) but it is still completely empty. I've tried reinstalling, updating to the latest version, and even to clear my %appdata% for FileBot, but none of that seems to have changed the resulting behaviour.

I have no screenshot to submit, since nothing seems to happen (and no obvious errors appear). I would appreciate some thoughts and input on what I could try. Here is the sysinfo script log:

Code: Select all

FileBot 4.6.1 (r3315)
JNA Native: 4.0.1
MediaInfo: MediaInfoLib - v0.7.78
7-Zip-JBinding: 9.20
Chromaprint: fpcalc version 1.1.0 (C:\Program Files\FileBot\fpcalc.exe)
Extended Attributes: OK
Groovy Engine: 2.4.5
JRE: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 1.8.0_77
JVM: 64-bit Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
CPU/MEM: 8 Core / 7 GB Max Memory / 24 MB Used Memory
Package: MSI
Data: C:\Users\Daniel\AppData\Roaming\FileBot
uname: MINGW32_NT-6.2 I7-3770 1.0.12(0.46/3/2) 2012-07-05 14:56 i686 unknown
(ed; Not sure about that memory indication. Is that supposed to be just the Java VM? Because I have 32 GB of RAM and nowhere near fully using it.)
rednoah
The Source

Re: Not sure why Filebot isn't working for me anymore

Post by rednoah »

Have you tried fetching the episode data in Episodes panel? That confirms the TheTVDB is working.

What are some of the filenames so I can try this myself?

Have you changed any settings and forgot about it? e.g. Match Mode set to Strict instead of Opportunistic?

Does it only not work for one specific series called Arslan, or does it not work for any and all shows? There is no such series. There's The Heroic Legend of Arslan (2015) though.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
dgbonomo
Donor

Post by dgbonomo »

Thank you; it's #3 that did it. I don't remember changing it to Strict (or is that the default?) but setting it to Opportunistic has maded it work again in all the cases it failed previously.

I have donated €5 for your help & to support FileBot.

Many thanks!
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Opportunistic is the default.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.