[4.7] Renaming Anime in Absolute Order not working?

Support for Windows users
Nargath

[4.7] Renaming Anime in Absolute Order not working?

Post by Nargath »

Hey all

I've gotten back into anime after a year hiatus, but found that the new version of Filebot seems to be going a bit crazy on the rename, specifically not giving me absolute order.

I plug in Naruto, for example, and match it with AniDB. It processes it, but gives it to me in Season/Episode Order (SxxExx), rather than Absolute Order (xxx).

I made sure that the "Episode Order" in Preferences is set to Absolute Order, and I'm definitely not choosing TVDB.
My renaming format is the same I used before, and I think its the default, which if AniDB is used, should revert to Absolute Order anyway.

One interesting fact is that on a few occasions where I've tried this, and I make a new match with AniDB, it does give me the correct Absolute Order. However, its only temporary, and a few seconds later, the Season-Episode name pops up. I did notice that there is a small hourglass to the left hand side of the name in the right pane during the small length of time I'm able to see the right order.

Here is the sysinfo log:
FileBot 4.7 (r3923)
JNA Native: 4.0.1
MediaInfo: MediaInfoLib - v0.7.78
7-Zip-JBinding: 9.20
Chromaprint: fpcalc version 1.1.0 (C:\Program Files\FileBot\fpcalc.exe)
Extended Attributes: OK
Groovy Engine: 2.4.6
JRE: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 1.8.0_73
JVM: 64-bit Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
CPU/MEM: 4 Core / 1 GB Max Memory / 20 MB Used Memory
Package: MSI
Data: C:\Users\media\AppData\Roaming\FileBot
Done ?(?????)?

Can anyone offer any advice?
rednoah
The Source

Re: [4.7] Renaming Anime in Absolute Order not working?

Post by rednoah »

Presumably, you're using {s00e00} in your format which as of FileBot 4.7 translates AniDB::Absolute numbers to TheTVDB::Airdate numbers (matching by absolute episode number).

:!: I guess I'll restore the old behaviour {s00e00} binding if sort order is Absolute though.

In the meanwhile, do this:

Code: Select all

E{absolute.pad(2)}
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Nargath

Re: [4.7] Renaming Anime in Absolute Order not working?

Post by Nargath »

rednoah wrote:1.
Presumably, you're using {s00e00} in your format which as of FileBot 4.7 translates AniDB::Absolute numbers to TheTVDB::Airdate numbers (matching by absolute episode number).

:!: I guess I'll restore the old behaviour {s00e00} binding if sort order is Absolute though.

In the meanwhile, do this ;)

Code: Select all

E{absolute.pad(2)}
Ah, thanks for that! I added the absolute.pad to my format instead, and it works a charm now!

I did read the line about the change to the s00e00 in your latest release notes, but I didn't understand what it meant!

Thanks for your quick response!