Failed to identify some of the following files

Support for Windows users
JrGooNer

Failed to identify some of the following files

Post by JrGooNer »

Hi, I was messing around trying to manually rename some files a while back using instructions from the youtube video and the help here but since I did it I have been getting this error regularly Image

I think I may have confused the application by telling it that certain files were something else because it started when I was trying to do the 'hold shift and left click' thing and i never once got the correct manual rename popup, I only got errors and popups like this and now they just haven't stopped even when I'm auto renaming like this.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Failed to identify some of the following files

Post by rednoah »

Your folder structure is very non-standard, so it doesn't know which parts to ignore. In this case you probably just need to click Skip. You can make it remember to Skip for this query by clicking the [1] / [ALL] toggle on the lower right.

It's not asking about 12 Monkeys because that part is probably pretty clear and it can auto-select the correct match itself. It's just asking about other potential options, which you can just ignore.

@see viewtopic.php?f=3&t=359
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
JrGooNer

Post by JrGooNer »

rednoah wrote:Your folder structure is very non-standard, so it doesn't know which parts to ignore. In this case you probably just need to click Skip. You can make it remember to Skip for this query by clicking the [1] / [ALL] toggle on the lower right.

It's not asking about 12 Monkeys because that part is probably pretty clear and it can auto-select the correct match itself. It's just asking about other potential options, which you can just ignore.

@see viewtopic.php?f=3&t=359
Unsurprisingly you've nailed it, I do always just skip it and it still gets the name but was wondering why it never remembered it. So if I toggle to 'all' and then go through the process of renaming, it will remember that in future right..
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Yes. But I'd appreciate it if you could send me the file paths as well so I can add the "obvious folder names" to the query blacklist.

I've added a few entries for you, so it'll automatically know to ignore these kind of folder names by next week:
https://github.com/filebot/data/commit/ ... f3a3350bf4
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.