Conflicting Files?

Support for Windows users
TheFalleN

Conflicting Files?

Post by TheFalleN »

I've searched thought the FAQ maybe I wasn't looking hard enough.

I have a problem with some of my files being conflicted, Filebot says the files were conflicted and were going to be ignored.

I only have the option to Continue or Cancel both of which do nothing for me.

What am I doing wrong?
rednoah
The Source

Re: Conflicting Files?

Post by rednoah »

Doesn't that just mean that the target file already exists? FileBot does not allow you to override files. "Continue" allows you to process the files that can be processed (which may be none).

You can either delete the existing files or change the format so that you get unique target paths for duplicate movies/episodes (e.g. add {vf} to the format).
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
TheFalleN

Post by TheFalleN »

I've double checked, The format that I use is {Plex}, While its set in the same drive its in a different folder.

Like the original files are in X:/TV Shows 2, but Filebot using the {Plex} format automatically changes the folder to X:/TV Shows, So far all the files I've renamed have been moved from TV Shows 2 to TV Shows, both being in the same drive but being in different folders.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Yes, so what is the reason for the conflict? Screenshots?

If you try to rename two files of the same movie/episode (e.g. Avatar.720p.mp4, Avatar.1080p.mp4) with a format like {plex} the output path will be the same. You can't have two files with the same path.

If you want to keep different versions of the same movie/episode you need add some unique information to the output path (e.g. keep the 720p/1080p info to make the filename unique). Using {plex} will limit your flexibility in this case.
TheFalleN

Post by TheFalleN »

I'm not sure whats the reason for the conflict. But here's some screenshots of what I mean.

I have conflicting files of everything for those files, What Filebot is trying to rename is the entire folder of the series in the screenshot, just that series. It says there's a conflict but I'm not sure why.

The original files are in TV Shows 2, What Filebot wants to move them to is TV Shows, which is in the same drive but in different folders. Filebot has moved series before to a different folder on the same drive before while using the format {Plex}.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

As I said, you have the same episode twice, and with the format you're using that'll give you the same output path multiple times. The first one will be processed, the second one can't because you can't have two files with the same path.

Just process your files in smaller batches until you find the issue.

This screenshot illustrates the issue in it's most simple form:
TheFalleN

Post by TheFalleN »

Ah, I didn't notice there was another folder within the folder that I was trying to rename, It had all the seasons in the folder. So that's why I had the conflict. You were right.

I now have another problem. When I go to rename it only makes the folder, meaning the season folder. It does not move the files to the new folder though. It renames and moves anime though, just not the one folder I'm trying to do.

It did the rest of the series seasons but just not this one season. I didn't get an error it just didn't rename or move it.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

TheFalleN wrote:It does not move the files to the new folder though.
Files will be moved exactly as you have specified in your format. What is your format?
TheFalleN

Post by TheFalleN »

It seems that I have made another mistake, I didn't see that there was a folder inside of the folder that I was trying to move, That was messing it all up.

You were right again!

Thanks for the help.